Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea that's what I am going to do because I was looking for some kind of like that but I found a set on ebay with good tires on them too for like $100 plus shipping so I am going to do that I will just have to clean them up a lil bit but a lil elbow grease never hurt. I am just wondering if I should paint them or just shine them up.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yea that's what I am going to do because I was looking for some kind of like that but I found a set on ebay with good tires on them too for like $100 plus shipping so I am going to do that I will just have to clean them up a lil bit but a lil elbow grease never hurt. I am just wondering if I should paint them or just shine them up.
Just be sure that wheels are in great condition, not bent or cracked.
You can shine up cast aluminum ones, but you must keep em in a good shape, they will lose shine after some time because aluminum will oxidize, especially if rims get wet, so you need to polish them from time to time. You can powder coat aluminum rims, but rims need to be prepared for coating, you can't just paint them, aluminum will oxidize underneath. Take rims to a shop. Powder coating is really cheap (aluminum preparing process is included), that way you will not have to worry about them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I literally just bought the rims and waiting for them to come in. Normally, I don't purchase rims off of the internet because like you said I wanna make sure they aren't bent or cracked but I feel really good about the purchase, for some reason. But I plan on polishing them up and ride them like that for a little while and then get them powder coated once I get tired of polishing them, lol. :smile2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts