Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 vulcan 800b, was wondering if the same year 800a front tire would fit. really looking for a set of non spoked rims. but the bigger front wheel would be nice

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
You can do this 2 different ways, easily. A 21" wheel from an A model will fit if you swap the bearings (thanks to Heckysvulcan for proving that), or with the addition of a spacer to fill the speedo hole a wheel from a 500 will fit. The rear requires a bit of machine work on the bearing pocket to allow the speedo to fit. I have done all of the above, and it is not magic.
You can also use a mag wheel from a Sportster, to do so a set of special side spacers must be made to allow the small 12mm axle in a 14mm bearing, and a disc brake adapter must be machined to allow use of stock VN800 disc on the HD wheel, in correc location. This I also have done more than once. The rear wheel from a HD will fit also if you do the bearing adapters like the front, and a disc brake can be setup on the swingarm. It is a lot of fab work, and hanging a master cyl for this has so far proven to be something I personally cannot do to suit me. It looks like crap every where I put it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts