Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what other years and style of vulcan wheels will fit on a 2015 vulcan 900? I am looking at older 1500 models and 800 models but im not sure if they will be compatible. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts

This isn't my bike but this is the direction I'm going. These wheels are from a Kawasaki Ninja 650R. The bearing diameter is the key to a successful fit. Our 900 Vulcans use 6004 (20mm) front bearings. Spacers can be cut as necessary to fit a wheel with these bearings. What I found out with my research is as long as you stick with the similar sized bikes, more options are available to fit. I started out trying to fit a Vulcan 2000 front wheel. The brake rotor is way too wide and I'd have to grind down the brake caliper mounts to widen the mount. I just picked up one of these Ninja 650R front wheels yesterday and by eye, it looks as though the rotor lines right up with the caliper with no mods, just new spacers. The rear Ninja 650R wheel is in the mail, I should have it by Wednesday this week. The cush drive looks like I can swap the chain sprocket with the belt sprocket. We'll see soon. The brake caliper mount on the rear is totally different. The Ninja rear rotor is smaller diameter and uses a different caliper and caliper mount. Either a new rotor with same diameter with have to be sourced or as in the video, use the existing Vulcan caliper on the Ninja rotor with a mount adapter or modified mount. The rear Ninja berarings are the same as the Vulcan so spacers may be the only issue to source.

To be continued...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Do you think a 2005 vulcan 1500 spoked front wheel would work. They have the same brake setup im just not sure on everything else

1 - 3 of 3 Posts