Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the nomad is getting new shoes. Put them on by hand with tire tools. That where I screwed up I guess, kinda scratched the wheel in a few places.:frown2::frown2: No problem, I will fix it and be it will be ok.:smile2: So I find out they are painted with a black paint under the silver like color, No it look like crap.:frown2: Now the question is, what does Kawasaki paint the wheels with? I know If I put anymore tire on it, I do it again and would like to be able to match the paint,

Thanks for any help,

Steve

·
Registered
457 Posts
To my knowledge, the original oem wheel for the 2007 VN1600 is cast aluminum and has no paint. Now that doesn't mean that the previous owner may have painted them for some reason or maybe its a wheel off one of the others. Don't know for sure, but that wheel is supposed to be cast aluminum.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, you are right , the wheels are cast aluminum and got it from the original owner. You had to meet this guy, don't think he painted them, just not the type. I was like you, thought that maybe they just clear coated them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts