Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to confess that I didn't know what a wheel chock was until today, so forgive my ignorance.

As a previous owner of a Voyager XII, I really miss the center stand for things like checking the oil, putting air in the tires or just washing the bike. So I'd like to find something inexpensive that will hold the bike upright for those tasks. I'm not planning to trailer the bike. I just want it upright in the driveway or garage.

Does anyone use a wheel chock for this purpose for the Voyager 1700? I see people using them for little 500 lbs. sport bikes, but wondered if there's one out there that would safely keep my 895 lbs. Voyager upgright for washing and maintenance.

Does any have any experience with these? Can you recommend one?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I got one from harbor freight for pretty cheap. Works great and is easy to use.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw them at Harbor Freight for $59.95 which is cheap. But just putting the front wheel of a 900 pound bike into that chock keeps it safely upright, no worries about it coming loose and hitting the pavement? I like it!

How do you keep the chock from moving forward when you try to put the tire in it, if it's not bolted down like in a trailer?

·
Registered
85 Posts
It's on sale for 39.99 right now. I have a lift but think I'm going to pick it up too. Maybe mount it to a 2x6 or something give it a bigger side to side foot print?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have the Harbor Freight one for my VN2000 and is very sturdy. It took some trial and error to find the right setting.

It holds the wide tire well.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1429673976.228570.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I saw them at Harbor Freight for $59.95 which is cheap. But just putting the front wheel of a 900 pound bike into that chock keeps it safely upright, no worries about it coming loose and hitting the pavement? I like it!

How do you keep the chock from moving forward when you try to put the tire in it, if it's not bolted down like in a trailer?
I never had any problems. It was really sturdy. I had to put a ladder in between the wall and the chock to keep it from sliding forward. I tried everything else and that was the only thing that worked.

I have the Harbor Freight one for my VN2000 and is very sturdy. It took some trial and error to find the right setting.

It holds the wide tire well.

View attachment 111665
I had it for my 2k and the only problem I ever had was getting the damn thing back out. My front tire was too wide and got jammed. I always had to remove the piece that was behind the wheel in order to get the bike out...

·
Registered
183 Posts
I had it for my 2k and the only problem I ever had was getting the damn thing back out. My front tire was too wide and got jammed. I always had to remove the piece that was behind the wheel in order to get the bike out...
I had that issue and tinkered with the vertical support and found that the third hole from the back worked the best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts