Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently replaced the rear wheel, pulley, and fender on my 07 Vulcan Custom. I think that I may have had the axel to tight becuase about 70 into a trip I heard a terrible whinning and when I stopped there was axel grease (gray and metallic) all over the pulley. I made it another mile to a gas station and when I stopped, one of the axel seals was about half up the space and one of the bearings feel out. It was ground down about half way! I hope that I didn't do anything majorly wrong. I hope that I just need to replace the seal and the bearings but I cant find them online anywhere. Any suggestions/comments about the severity and replacement parts? I took some pictures but they are too big for this forum so I am putting the same thread on another forum (link below). Please help me!

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/mechanics-corner/110817-wheel-bearing-trouble-please-help.html#post1638525

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I don't own a 900, but if you can locate the bearing number I'm sure you can find it at any local bearing distributor that may be in your area... and many times they are less costly that a dealer, and you pay no shipping. Here in Nashville there is a distributor called BDI that can get anything bearing wise... and usually the seals.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for help! Where would I find the bearing number? If they are on the bearing itself, I may not be able to find it as the bearing are ground down pretty bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts