Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member, BOTM Winner, June 2016
639 Posts
I'm about to do a 700 mile trip to my 30th class reunion and then 700 back this coming weekend. I read about the camelback and I like that idea, though I'm expecting to stop every 100-120 miles or so for gas and a break. More to follow...

·
Registered
42 Posts
My first long ride was my longest to date. It was a 200 mile day and a 340 mile day. I'm just back on a bike after 35 years off, and this was 3 weeks after getting my bike. I hope to increase my mileage and stamina. My brother wants to take a ride to Montana (we're in South Florida). He's on Concours. I'm not sure whether I should be concerned about taking this bike on such a long ride. I'd welcome any opinions.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My longest trip on a bike was from Philadelphia to San Diego and back, in 7 days. That was in 1965, on my old BSA 650 Lightning, and it darned near killed my butt/legs. I was 22, and stupid.

The longest in one day on my 900 Custom has been 300 miles.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I live roughly 50 miles from mile post 200 on the Blue Ridge Parkway. One day last spring I got on the BRP at mp 200 and went to its beginning at Waynesboro Virginia. I ate lunch then made the return trip and was back home by 5:30 that evening for a total of 503 miles. I was riding the FZ1 that day, don't know for sure, but I may have exceeded the speed limit a few times;)

·
Registered
74 Posts
for comfort enhancement, on my 900b stock seat i use a airhawk cushion topped with an alaska leather sheepskin butt pad. $200 investment that i can easily port to any number of bikes. i’m 6-0 170#. pretty much all day comfort with a pitstop every couple of hours.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Two years ago I did about 6000 miles up to Maine and back home to Texas. This year I have a 7000 mile trip planned over to Cali and up the west coast through Oregon and Washington, then over to Glacier Nat'l Park before returning home. That'll complete my bucket list item of riding through the lower 48.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've taken my Vulcan 900 about 200 miles in a day. That's my longest ride so far, and it was the day I bought my bike.

Drove from Idaho falls to my home in Salt Lake City.

I'm curious what other riders longest rides have been? And what modifications have you made to your Vulcan 900 to make your ride more comfortable. My bike is basically stock, except for lights, and handlebar attachments (phone, cup holder, Stereo mount).
Southern NY state to Oxford Maine in a day. 12 hours stopping for lunch and dinner. About 600 miles.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts