Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've taken my Vulcan 900 about 200 miles in a day. That's my longest ride so far, and it was the day I bought my bike.

Drove from Idaho falls to my home in Salt Lake City.

I'm curious what other riders longest rides have been? And what modifications have you made to your Vulcan 900 to make your ride more comfortable. My bike is basically stock, except for lights, and handlebar attachments (phone, cup holder, Stereo mount).

·
Registered
165 Posts
On my Vulcan, I generally do a 150-mile round trip on the weekends. My longest ride ever was ~2900 miles on a '96 R1100RT, 51 hours saddle time, 63 hours door to door. I don't screw around on my road trips - hammer down and go.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
I've done several days of 750 to 850 miles in a day. Those were some really long days! I try to keep it under 500 miles a day now.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
16 days on the road on my Voyager with the wife pulling the trailer. Indiana to Maine, down the east coast, across into the Smokies and home again. Indiana, Ohio, Pennsysvania, New York, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, Maryland,Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky,
Adirondacks,Appalatians, Green, White, Blue Ridge mountains. Lake Champlain ferry, Cape May to Lewes Delaware ferry, Lobster in Maine, New York City sights for 3 days, Times Square, Central park, Cheers Bar, The 911 Memorials, Many other sights. Drove through Tunnels and over bridges and causeways. This was a 4500 mile vacation. Our longest ride and best vacation ever taken. Clean clothes every day and not a visit to a laundry-mat. We have taken 5-6 other vacations ranging from 2000 to 3700 miles. Riding an Indian Road master now, but, i still like the site here and visit to keep up at times.
Be safe.
Shep

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
On the 900 only 600 round trip. I rode my Vstar 650 2400 round trip once and the 9 seems to be more comfortable.
The longest multi-day trip I've done was a 7000 mi. cross country trip on a Honda Sabre. I either camped or stayed with family/friends along the way, staying up 4 or 5 days at some of the destinations before heading to the next one.

·
Registered
228 Posts
So far, probably less than 300 miles in a single day. Later this year we have plans for a 5 day trip, the plan is for about 400 miles a day so we'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
328 Posts
13 states in 16 days, 4600 miles on my Nomad. A round-about route to Yellowstone.

11 days, 3600 miles to the Grand Canyon on my 900. When I came back from this one I decided to get the Nomad.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My dad and I did 900 miles in two days. He was riding the 900, and I on my Kawi Ninja 650R. We swapped for a bit on the twisties on the - he didn't want to take his Vulcan back on highway 93 from Jasper to Banff Alberta. :D

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
One ride was 450klm on a sunday for something to do and the other was 1000klm over two days return trip on a standard seat. I paid the price for it.

Cant wait to do a long trip on my sculptured seat and back rest

·
Registered
38 Posts
My longest ride was from Reno to St. Louis and back for a conference. It was 3800 miles round trip. I took 3 days to get there, and 4 days to get back. I regularly do 2500 mile trips from Reno, through Idaho to Montana, Oregon, etc. I have family up there, so use the cycle to get up there and putt around and visit them.

Modifications? I bought Scootworks risers (4 up, 1 back), a Mustang seat, and added a trunk. I also discovered that a Camelback, strapped to the bag I have on the passenger seat (I ride solo on these trips) allows me lots of water. You get dehydrated quickly when riding, so I tuck the water line in a place I can reach, and have a nice drink whenever I need to. It made the rides much more enjoyable.

Have fun!

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
2 trips .... 1, 5800 miles ... 2. 6000 plus .... usually over 14 days .... search on the forum 'whiting57 is bustin bugs' as both are documented on this forum in the rides section ... 2 up on the first, solo on the second ...both towing my trailer ....just a blast.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
My longest single day ride was about 250 miles. When I bought my 07 Custom we rode to Niagara falls and back. The following year a group of us rode to Whiteface Mt. And spent a 3 day weekend riding around the Adirondacks. Total miles about 1300.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Seattle To Daytona Beach Sportbike

Rode my ZX9R Ninja from Seattle to Daytona Beach, FL, 4000 miles one way, in six days, in October one year. Was going to Biketoberfest.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Longest one day ride on the 900 with my wife was 375 miles. Went to the Blue Ridge Parkway, lunch in Blowing Rock. Mods - Mustang seat with backrest.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
4000 miles one way, about 7000 miles round trip, Auburn, Washington to Daytona Beach, FL. On my 1996 Kawasaki ZX9R Ninja. I think the longest day was probably 750-800 miles.

The trip down was done in six days. That includes riding down the Sierras on 395 through CA. Slow going, but very beautiful to ride especially on a sport bike. I had a deadline to get to Daytona Beach because of the reservation for the cottage on the beach that we made. It was in October, the meet was Biketoberfest. My wife flew down. I got to test ride several new motorcycles while I was down there. A Vulcan Nomad, Honda GL1800 Goldwing (first year it came out), Honda VTX 1800 (tons of power) and I think another bike.

They claimed a hundred thousand people showed up. Whatever it was, the city was totally packed with bikes, some of which were frickin' trailered in. That is not a true biker.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts