Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK...I checked this Forum and the only thread I found about this subject was this one...

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/36-lounge-off-topic/1808-motorcycle-movies.html

...But I'm talkin' somethin' that was on the silver screen at one point in its life...

Mine?...Mask with Cher (who won Best Actress, 1985 Cannes Film Festival, for playing Rusty Dennis) Sam Elliot, and Eric Stoltz...Soundtrack additions by none other than the legendary Bob Seger and many other greats...

Why?...Because it's about real people and pain that can be overcome.

·
Registered
62 Posts
no real favorite. I watched Easy Rider, strange for 21st Century:
People complaining about long hair ... where ?
Killing people without prosecution makes me nervous.

·
Registered
360 Posts
The documentary, Faster. It's focus is about motogp motorcycles and their riders. No plot to worry about and no ridiculous stunts that make the entire movie goofy (I'm looking at you Torque).

I own it on DVD and still watch it from time to time. Still wanna see the other two movies in the series.

·
END OF YEAR BIKE 2018 Winner
862 Posts
I have to go with the classic and iconic 'Easy Rider'. I think they did a good job of capturing the feeling of open road freedom on a bike. Just strap your sleeping bag on the back of the bike and hit the road for adventure.

I have know many people that started riding because of that movie.

I also liked that they didn't portray bikers as drugged out criminals wearing greasy leather disregarding society. I think we all know what kind of 'biker' and type of bike fits that description!

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
The Wild One and Road Warrior

·
Registered
116 Posts
I said "Biker Boys" but I also hafta add all the Mad Max flicks.I just finished watching the new one (stumbled onto the dvd in the $5 bin at the local Wal-Fart)

Absolutely epic as far as the machines go,of course,no real plot,but that's how these kinda flicks are supposed to be.Total gearhead nonsense (or "rev head" as a line in the movie said).

Those stretched out desert bikes toward the end were too sweet,and the cliff riding scenes.100% awesome win in my book

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
I said "Biker Boys" but I also hafta add all the Mad Max flicks.I just finished watching the new one (stumbled onto the dvd in the $5 bin at the local Wal-Fart)

Absolutely epic as far as the machines go,of course,no real plot,but that's how these kinda flicks are supposed to be.Total gearhead nonsense (or "rev head" as a line in the movie said).

Those stretched out desert bikes toward the end were too sweet,and the cliff riding scenes.100% awesome win in my book
What disappointed me about the new Mad Max was that it wasn't any better than the original, to me, even though it had a budget that was nearly 30 times bigger than the first two MM movies combined, and stars who were already established. Yeah, there were some great effects, but that was about it. The original Mad Max was made with less than $400,000. Mad Max 2: Road Warrior was made for about $4.5 million. This latest one was made for $150 million. Mel Gibson was almost a complete unknown, even in Australia in the first, and only known a little better because of the first one when he did the second one. Bruce Spence (the helicopter pilot) wasn't much better known then either, but his name probably meant as much to the movie as Gibson's did. Give me the original first two any day. Thunderdome was OK, but at least it only cost $10 million to make. I enjoyed it about the same as the new movie. Well, the new one DID have Charlize Theron. :desire:

·
Registered
394 Posts
1. C.C. & Company (1970) - A thoroughly terrible and horrible movie that's worth a watch for the terrible acting alone, but, c'mon, Joe Namath, Ann-Margaret, and William Smith. How does it get any better than this?

2. Every Which Way But Loose/Any Which Way You Can (1978/1980) - Essentially the same movie where Philo Beddoe is at constant odds with the "ever-frightening" Black Widows motorcycle gang. This two-movie series unequivocally proves that Clint Eastwood was perfectly fine making a couple of ultra-campy movies just for the fun of it. And, guess what, there's the ever-tough-guy William Smith again!

3. The Born Losers (1967) - The introduction and emergence of Billy Jack, who is the only guy in the entire universe that Chuck Norris is reportedly to have said he would never ever fight. 'Nuf said.

4. Torque (2004) - Bad acting, bad special effects, bad cinematography, bad everything, yet still a fun, mindless, late-night, what-should-we-watch-tonight diversion.

·
Registered
67 Posts
for me the best is Wild Hogs and The Worlds Fastest Indian with anthony hopkins.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts