Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I ride my Voyager just a tad bit more than most. I've had mine for 2 1/2 years now and have 51,000 miles on mine. The only mod that I've done to the power train was to change to a K&N air filter. I also run Michelin Commander II 180/65 tires.

In my normal commute, 20 miles at 55-60mph and 10 in city driving (twice a day), I'm running about 44 mpg. When I get out and run interstate speeds (70-85mph depending on traffic), it drops to about 34-35mpg.

Just wondering what everyone else is getting?

Thanks!

JB :D

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
According to the screen or 'real'? The trip computer is 'generous'

According to the screen I average about 44 on my Vaquero. Drops on the interstate.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been calculating mine based on the miles I run and the gallons I fill and the screen is pretty close, not totally accurate, but close.

The one thing I did notice is that when I run 60-62 in a 60 zone instead of 67-69, I jump from 38mpg to 44mpg.

Post what the screen says!

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
I am avg, 42-44 How do you like the commanderII? What are you running on the front?

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
on the highway 70-75 I am in the 45-47 range

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I run the commander II on the fronts too. I'm running 38psi front and 42psi rear. I get incredible miles with these barring nails that is! 30,000+ on the rear and similar on the fronts.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
I run the commander II on the fronts too. I'm running 38psi front and 42psi rear. I get incredible miles with these barring nails that is! 30,000+ on the rear and similar on the fronts.
May I ask what size front? Looking at the website they didn't make it for the bike. that or I didn't look real hard

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I get 32 in town and 35 on the highway. Something doesn't seem right to me. I only have one real tank through it. Im adding an intake tonight, before I fill up tomorrow. That'll give me a real world test for mileage. I am hoping I get into the 40s.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I get about 30 in the city and around 36 on the highway with some city riding mixed in. My best tank was 39.7. I use to ride a small displacement bike and am still having fun with the 1600, so my numbers should be a little low.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Nomad here. About 30 city and about 35 interstate. Low 40s on 55mph back roads

Wind resistance is killer as speed climbs

·
Registered
281 Posts
Since I added Chucksters BAK along with my fuel processor and V&H slipons, I am averaging about 37mpg street driving and 42 mpg highway, but I ride between 75 and 80mph on the highway.. I could probably squeeze a little more out if I rode a little more conservatively, but I love the new found power too much...he he:D

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Since I added Chucksters BAK along with my fuel processor and V&H slipons, I am averaging about 37mpg street driving and 42 mpg highway, but I ride between 75 and 80mph on the highway.. I could probably squeeze a little more out if I rode a little more conservatively, but I love the new found power too much...he he:D
I like to hear that. I installed my BAK tonight and have the V&H and Power Pro already installed. Hopefully, my mileage will level out.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I did a 3000 mile trip and got 47.6 MPG on the Vaquero. But in the city combined highway and street I get between 38 to 42 depending on if they have added ethanol to the gas. That drops your MPG quite a bit.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
2012 Voyager, have thunder stock air kit, baffels drilled, and Gman fuel controller. Dash currently showing 43.3 after I changed setting a few days ago. The month before that it was showing 41.7 on average, but at the pump, am averaging 35.9 over the last 8 fillups.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Greetings,
Keeping track of mileage with an APP on my phone (Funny, everything is an "app" :) ). Anywho, according to the APP with 6k on the clock, 38.8 MPG AVG. High 49.2, low 34.5.
I would have said my avg was 42~44. That would be based off of the display on the bike.
(2011 Vaquero).

Ride Safe,
Smokier

·
Registered
894 Posts
Last year I meticulously tracked my actual mileage (Via an app) with each fill up and I reset the Avg MPG on my first ride of the year and let it run through the year with out resetting. Over the course of just over 11,000 miles this is what I got on my 2011 Voyager (Thunder Air Kit, Cobra Tri Ovals, Cobra Power Pro)

Indicated on the guesstimator: 42.4 MPG

Calculated at the Pump: 36.6 MPG

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Greetings,
Keeping track of mileage with an APP on my phone (Funny, everything is an "app" :) ). Anywho, according to the APP with 6k on the clock, 38.8 MPG AVG. High 49.2, low 34.5...
Ride Safe,
Smokier
Which APP are you using? iPhone or ?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Commander II

I just tried one on my Stratoliner & I got 9K on the front one. :confused:

JJ

1 - 20 of 37 Posts