Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been getting Long Running Script Errors on my desktop anytime I want to post something. Thought it was me but my Windows phone locks up on this site lately as well. Only been happening within the last week.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Been getting Long Running Script Errors on my desktop anytime I want to post something. Thought it was me but my Windows phone locks up on this site lately as well. Only been happening within the last week.
Same here,thought it was my computer,always yelln at it,,,,,,,

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
So far, no issues when using my computer . . . if using Internet Explorer the suggested solution is to go to the Tools pull down menu, select Internet Options, in the menu which appears select Advanced, find the Browsing section, then select Disable Script Debugging and put check marks into both the Internet Explorer and Other boxes. Other browsers may have similar procedures.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I have more issues with my computer than the browser. Firefox here.

Maybe they are freaked out from your humungis bag,hanging off the sissy bar. LOL

·
Administrator
437 Posts
Hey all,

Could you explain what you're seeing a bit more? Is it a database error, or a http 500 error? Could you get screenshots?

Does this happen randomly, or is it every time you try to do a certain action?

I see a few different browsers are not affected? Could you report what browser you are on when this happens?

Thanks everyone,

Dayle

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Hey all,

Could you explain what you're seeing a bit more? Is it a database error, or a http 500 error? Could you get screenshots?

Does this happen randomly, or is it every time you try to do a certain action?

I see a few different browsers are not affected? Could you report what browser you are on when this happens?

Thanks everyone,

Dayle
The only issue I have had is the site sometimes get excruciatingly slow when going from one page to the next (Chrome/ Win 7 Pro). This has only been happening for about a week.

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I've been on the site for years. Has been fine until recently. I can read all posts fine. But I usually hit the Quote button when I want to reply to someone. It either hangs up on a white screen and never even gets to the point of being able to post reply. Or I get a, It's taking way too long to load Error due to a long running script. Sometimes the Error will offer a stop script function and then I can actually reply. Today I cannot use "Quote" to reply at all blank white screen that never loads. On my desktop I'm running IE explorer and it has been completely reset recently too in advance internet options. I also have a Windows Lumia 735 phone running IE explorer. Same issue trying to post from that as well. It's only been happening like this for about a week or more. Something has changed on the site as I am also on other similarly formatted forums without issues.

Edit: As I posted this it dawned on me. I can post, I just cannot use the "Quote" function. So it must have something to do with using that feature?

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So it did just work for me. BUT it was hung on a white screen loading page forever. I walked away for about an hour, came back and it had the page loaded with the original quote present and I was able to post a reply. No idea how long it took to load. Simply know the wait time was excessive.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I've found I have to disable the mobile version. Modern smartphones render webpages just fine and it's in fact preferable to neutered mobile versions. The mobile version consistently crashes and gives me issues on both Android and iOS for me; so I just disable it.

·
Administrator
437 Posts
As I posted this it dawned on me. I can post, I just cannot use the "Quote" function. So it must have something to do with using that feature?
I am able to quote just fine.

I know some of you may have answered these already but, I have a few questions;
What device and browser/app are you all using?
Is anyone else able to use the Quote function without flaw?
When the page hangs, is there any indication that something is loading?

Richard.

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Win7 on desktop, and Win8 on phone. Never use the mobile setting on phone unless site requires it.

I only see up in address bar on desktop and round working arrow on phone like it is working. Just reaaaly slooowww. Like stated earlier it did finally load on desktop after i walked away for an hour. Not sure on phone. Ill give it another shot and see.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts