Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tail light is kinda weird. It's an LED type that "spins" one way and then the other. I imagine this is some kind of attention thing. That is, to catch a cager's eye. Or some kind of custom thing.

Anyway, did these bikes come with this type of tail light ? I'm not too impressed with it's daytime illumination. I'd like to replace it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have the same bulb as darkarcher. It is a lot brighter then stock. Could you possibly take a video of the bulb you have?

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Definitely something aftermarket. Actually, any LED on the Classic/LT (up to the current 2015 model year) is going to be after market --- they just don't come with LEDs yet (at least as far as I know).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I've got 1157 bulbs in the garage. How do you change the bulb out ? I don't see any screws holding the lens in place.

Update: Never Mind. I found the little screw at the base of the tail light lens. Glad I removed the lens because the gasket was in the wrong place. Plus it has begun to rot.

The 1157 bulb is way brighter than the LED twirly thing.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, the LED thingy is clear. It came on the bike when I bought it.

I like the stock red tail light lens along with the stock yellow turn signal lenses.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
I got that 'blink' bulb too. Easier than adding some other type of external device that would be wired to provide the same effect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts