Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki VN 1700 Voyager
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all new member here from the uk! Recently i bought a vn1700 voyager, really happy with it but it has a few issues that i need to sort out both cosmetically and mechanically! I have booked it in with my local kawasaki centre to give it a full service and to get the abs system working to its full potential, it is also running extremely hot!

I have been doing lots of research as these engines are new to me and by what i have found is that they do run hot however mine goes all the way to the red! Im hoping a simple coolant swap and system flush will do the trick!

It also has some pieces missing so was wondering if anyone could help me out in knowing what they are etc! Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers, Mike

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas Auto part

Motor vehicle Finger Automotive tire Nail Thumb

·
Registered
2012 Nomad
1,097 Posts
That would be the connector to your BPV valve. The BPV valve sits directly under your seat.
The BPV valve senses when you are about to crash and pulls a huge vacuum that makes your butt pucker, hence Butt Pucker Valve (BPV).
You don't have to connect it if you don't want to.

Welcome to the forum MR
:unsure: :cool::LOL:

I would look for an open connection on the fuse blocks and the relays that might match the connector

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki VN 1700 Voyager
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be the connector to your BPV valve. The BPV valve sits directly under your seat.
The BPV valve senses when you are about to crash and pulls a huge vacuum that makes your butt pucker, hence Butt Pucker Valve (BPV).
You don't have to connect it if you don't want to.

Welcome to the forum MR
:unsure: :cool::LOL:
thanks for the very humorous comment there mate 😂 what is it actually as it’s bugging me and it looks like something is supposed to live there in that hole above the fuse box holder, thought it might bean amp or something for the radio but I have no idea!
It’s definitely a project bike with bits and pieces missing or modified but I can’t wait till it’s done, I took it for a blast on the highway and it’s amazing 🤩

·
Registered
2012 Nomad
1,097 Posts
Where does the other end go? a component, main harness ?
There is usually a 12V accessory connector right there but here in the US it's only 2 wire leads. You folks don't have a 3 terminal connector for 12V do you?

·
Registered
2012 Nomad
1,097 Posts
You might can find what it is by wire colors.
Below is the wiring diagram for 2012 1700 Nomad. (same bike but no fairing or trunk).
You will have to print the pages and paste or tape them together to trace the wires unless your eyesight is much better than mine

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all new member here from the uk! Recently i bought a vn1700 voyager, really happy with it but it has a few issues that i need to sort out both cosmetically and mechanically! I have booked it in with my local kawasaki centre to give it a full service and to get the abs system working to its full potential, it is also running extremely hot!

I have been doing lots of research as these engines are new to me and by what i have found is that they do run hot however mine goes all the way to the red! Im hoping a simple coolant swap and system flush will do the trick!

It also has some pieces missing so was wondering if anyone could help me out in knowing what they are etc! Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers, Mike

View attachment 251658
View attachment 251659
That connection leads to the trunk lights on my voyager. Hope that helps

·
Registered
958 Posts
That connection leads to the trunk lights on my voyager. Hope that helps
Yup... That connection is there because the Vaq and the Voyager share the same wiring loom. There's always going to be a few left over connectors.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was under the impression there were unused connections for accessories on the Voyagers, similar to those found in the left side fairing compartment. Things like rear speakers and comms...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts