Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
OK, I've given this some thought and here is my Guess! The spark plug is in an aluminum tube with an oring on both ends to keep the oil away from the plug. Just above the spark plug threads and sealing surface in the head and just below where the oring seals the tube at the bottom there is a oil drain that goes out to the side of the cylinder head so the oil that is seeping by the orings either top or bottom of the tube can get out so that the tube doesn't fill with oil and damage the spark plug boot and wire etc. So the next time you check and adjust your valves replace the orings on the tubes and it should put an end to it. Again just a guess because I haven't checked this hole out to see for sure.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
OK, I've given this some thought and here is my Guess! The spark plug is in an aluminum tube with an oring on both ends to keep the oil away from the plug. Just above the spark plug threads and sealing surface in the head and just below where the oring seals the tube at the bottom there is a oil drain that goes out to the side of the cylinder head so the oil that is seeping by the orings either top or bottom of the tube can get out so that the tube doesn't fill with oil and damage the spark plug boot and wire etc. So the next time you check and adjust your valves replace the orings on the tubes and it should put an end to it. Again just a guess because I haven't checked this hole out to see for sure.
Just seeing this post, been busy riding and working. You are absolutely correct. It wont really hurt anything, as long as its not pouring out. You do need to remove the valve cover to get the tubes out, so next valve adjustment would be a good time to replace them. Dealer probably will have to order the o-rings, so get them ahead of time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts