Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am going to sell some stock parts off my bike and have no clue what they are worth. can anyone help me figure out a price for these?

Bike is a 09 vulcan 900 custom SE

Black stock pipes maybe 150 miles on them look brand new

Special Edition air intake 150 miles on it.

Stock seat

Gonna sell these off to fund new goodies for the bike. Just need to know what they are worth.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Check the "completed auctions" for these parts on EBAY. It will show what people are actually willing to pay for them, NOT some starry eyed ASKING price you might see in classifieds.

·
Registered
170 Posts
True DAT! Although I guess I could see someone buying it to replace their aftermarket seat when they go to sell their bike.
I like the stock seats. If you have a custom bike you can use the classic seat for , like 2 up. If you have a classic bike you can use the custom seat for a more leisurely ride. Short people like me (5'7") like the forward 1" position the custom seat gives over say a Mustang seat.

·
Registered
450 Posts
But if you sell it, that's $175 you didn't have before to buy some nice new hsiny stuff for your bike! :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
parts

I was amazed how fast my stock seat sold after I replaced it with the Mustang. I asked $50 plus shipping in the classified section on this site, which I noticed other sold for. After I sold it three others emailed that wanted it, not sure what they do with them though?

·
Registered
365 Posts
damn almost better off tossing this stuff in the dumpster at work.

$75 for the pipes
$50 for intake
$50 for seat

ouch
I always box my stock parts up in the event I sell the bike. That way you can sell the aftermarket parts for way more than they would increase the value of your bike. The flip side of that is if you buy a used bike loaded with aftermarkets (for around the same price a stock bike would cost), you can sell those off at about 50% of the new value and be into your new-to-you bike for peanuts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts