Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In 2008 i bought a new Vulcan 900 Classic LT. At 10,000 miles it started making a whining noise from the motor. The dealership i bought it from said it was normal for that model. Then, at 18,500 miles the electrical system shut down and trailered it to the dealership service dept. where they replaced the 'stater' and now the whining noise is gone and the service reps can not explain it. Anybody else have this problem? I know i can't be the only 1.:confused:

·
Registered
122 Posts
well i curently dont have any whining noise but i think that 8500 miles is alot of time for a stator to be "going bad" ... who knows though

·
Registered
376 Posts
Dealerships often tell you noises are normal. Some dealers just want to sell bikes and stay away from repairs. Mine made a terrible sound that the dealer told me was just straight cut gears. Turned out to be a bad output shaft bearing on the front pulley.

Unfortunately you are not the only one with stator issues. On recent trip to Mt Rushmore my friends stator went out on his 900 and the dealer replaced it for $950. His bike was just out warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts