Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get me a new tire for my 2006 1600 classic and wonder what good handling and wearing tire people recommend?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the Michelin Commander 2 front and rear on my 03 and absolutely love them. The only caveat, Michelin doesn't make the rear in the stock size of 170/70/16. I got the 180/65/16 and it works just fine. Super grippy compared to the Exedra Max I had previously & smooth as butter. I hardly feel the grooves at all that I95 is riddled with here in Florida.

·
Registered
857 Posts
The first time I had to replace the rear tire on my '05 1600 classic (about two years ago) I started doing research to try and find the best and widest tire I could fit in there, I stumble across the dark side.
Looked at everything I could find on it and long story short, went 4 it, will not go back, the tire has 4500 miles on it and looks like new.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just installed Bridgestone Exetra Max's on the front and back. So far so good. I found them online for $280-$285 per set online but my local shop sold them to me for $275 plus tax and gave me a deal on install. I tend to do more city riding than on the interstate so I am waiting to see how well they hold up. Not sure when the guy before me put on the Metzlers 888's but the bike had 18,650 miles when I changed them and the Metzlers cords started to show 2 days before the tires came in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts