Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
My dealer just had his fall sale. He was selling a brand new 2009 classic from the crate, in blue for $5,495. The only other fees were title and tags($75.00) fright and set up ($200.00) and taxes.

When I bought mine he even took off the fright and set up fees. All I paid were taxes and the title fee out the door.

It truly is a buyers market. I would tell him you can buy 09 leftovers for that price with no miles and a warranty.

My two cents.

I did just notice pipes, air box, (fuel controller?) seat and mirror upgrades. He can get a few extra bucks for those. Nice bike by the way. Good bidding.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Offer him 4000 OTD see what he says them see what deal they offer for a new left over if they have one. I've seen new 09 se's for 5400 around here.

·
Registered
231 Posts
OK...
KBB trade-in (which is what they prob paid the guy who traded it in) is about $3400. KBB Retail is about $4800, which jives with the $5,000 that these bikes are averaging on fleabay...add a few bucks for the bling, and the dealer price doesn't seem outrageous.

However (comma) that's NOT what I would pay for a 4-year-old bike when I could get a new one for about 6K. Yeah, the pipes are pretty, and the seat is nice but I paid less than 7K for my zero-mile "D-model" OTD. Notice that the fleabay bikes aren't selling?...and the market is pretty soft for Dealer bikes too if the number of left overs are any indication.
Add to that the fact that the riding season is winding down in some states.
Result=buyer's market.

That's my take. You may not wanna pay 6K for a new one.
Offer the KBB retail of 4800 OTD meaning they pay tax, title, and buy the first tank of gas, and tell them to settle for the 1,000 that they'll probably still make on the deal....If they bauk, tell 'em to have a nice winter and get a new one!!!(somewhere else):cool:

Good Luck!
Let us know how it comes out!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
07'

I agree, I paid $6,100 otd for a leftover 09' this past April in peak season, so at this time of the year I wouldn't think that bike would be worth over $4,500 even with the aftermarket stuff on it. Warranty makes a big difference too especially when the time comes to sell it.

·
Registered
742 Posts
depends on where you are located also... i am just outside philly, got my green custom for $6,250 with 1,106 miles on it... only had vance & hines and kuryakyn grips on it.

IMO if you could get it for under $5,500 i'd say you are getting a decent deal... although i don't like the tiny mirrors?! :) i would offer lower considering what others have posted here, you can get as good if not better deals all over so the dealer is just trying to make a buck OR recover a loss if someone traded it in with still owing alot on it?!?!

DOES IT HAVE A FUEL MANAGEMENT ON IT???

they upgraded the pipes AND air cleaner... it better have it or demand they put one on it before you buy it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'd say $4500 out the door, including tax, tags ,and whatever else the stealer tries to clip ya for. If he says no, go back in a coupla weeks and tell him you'll give him $4300. Remember, that bike in HIS shop ain't costing YOU any money!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I dont know what to say. I paid $6200.00 for a New 2009 vulcan custom with a free helmet, on road. But i dont regret it. Its worth more than the price for its quality and ride.

·
Registered
742 Posts
blucru is right... there were two customs at the dealer i got mine and well over a month later the other was still sitting there! you could definitely haggle if it is just collecting dust in their lot...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts