Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://netrider.net.au/threads/wet-weather-gear.112790/

Here is a great thread on wet weather gear - particualry one piece suits.

Interested in your thoughts on these suits that go over your full armour during wet conditions.

How would they go riding the vulcan when in the upright position and legs stretched out?

What wet weather gear do you wear when riding the VN900?

ROmper

·
Registered
643 Posts
I really like the joe rocket trench system. Basically a Pheonix mesh jacket, with zip out liner and oversized zip on trench coat plus rain pants. The trench coat and pants are water and wind proof. Can add extra layers and be comfortable down to freezing temps. Trench coat and pants get stored in my tail bag. Only thing is the trench coat and pants don't breath so in warm weather you can get really hot with them on. Not a big deal for me as I only ride for pleasure and avoid going out if I know it is going to rain.

Motorcycle close outs have the system for a crazy low cost of $99. Just the Pheonix jacket normally runs around $150.

http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/cruiser/rain+gear/joe+rocket_phoenix-style+mesh+jacket+-+aka+trench

·
Registered
36 Posts
I dunno about those, but I rock the Frogg Toggs Men's Pro Advantage Bib($23 Amazon). Works well, breathable and has straps to tie down for propping feet up. I use the rocket jacket for a top. The bib will fit over your leather, but not the rocket jacket.

·
Registered
60 Posts
While I don't commute and try not to ride in the rain I have a Frogg Toggs rain suit that I carry. It's large enough to fit over about anything I wear, does a pretty good job of keeping me dry and I also use it for wind protection when it's cold. Light weight and packs small.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Many thanks Wild Bill.

Can this system easily fit over a full set of leathers?

Romper
No. The base jacket is an armored mesh jacket (same as joe rocket Pheonix) which is a great summer jacket. The trench over coat zips to the Pheonix jacket, providing room for more layers and a wind and rain proof outer shell.

If you already have full leathers and are doing daily commutes and looking for basic rain protection a breathable jump suit would be a better option.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts