Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Headed on first trip to Rocky Mountains in a few days on the new ride. Besides the tools that come with the bike, tire plugs, a can of air, what others should I pack?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
A booklet of prayers for a safe and enjoyable ride! Prayers especially needed with some of the drivers who will be encountered . .

Canadian Rockies ride? Some really spectacular scenery - enjoy!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Duck tape. Down here you can find small rolls, or you can roll a few feet onto something like a pencil if you're really sweating space. A few replacement light bulbs.

I seem to be compelled to tote around some metric hex wrenches, a crescent wrench, some electrical crimp connectors and a pocket multi-tool, but frankly, if I look at it logically, I don't have a clue what I'd do with them in the event of a show-stopper breakdown. When I was driving truck, I'd do field repairs all the time. (Trailer lights and electrical, mostly.) But there's not a whole lot on our bikes that's field repairable beyond what you've mentioned.

Most important, though, and you probably know this, water and something to eat. As you know, things get a little few and far betweenish up your way -- if you should break down, you could be sitting for quite a while.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you're right. Not a lot I could repair on this bike on the side of the road. Water and snacks... good suggestion. I usually forget those things :)
My bike has never broke down on a trip but I've been sort of luck and only riding brand new machines recently. That's not to say a new one couldn't or wouldn't break down. Maybe even more likely to.

I was mainly wondering about specific sized wrenches, hex wrenches, ratchet/sockets. I don't know... maybe nothing. Maybe I should just subscribe to road-side assistance and bring a bunch of snacks and water. Blah... f-it... just gonna ride

1 - 5 of 5 Posts