Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I are planning a 10 day trip to Montanna this summer on the 1500. Just wondering as far as clothes/gear goes what is on "your list" for a 10 day trip?

·
Registered
546 Posts
will you be staying in hotel or camping either way toilet paper is first on my list my son and i just camp in BLM land,we shower at truck stops, wash clothes,eat, watch tv in the drivers lounge

dont forget basic tools, duct tape

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Bring lots of water, you can refill the bottles when you stop. It's easy to get dehydrated riding long distances in the summer. On a hot day try to drink a bottle of water every hour.

Also, pack some light long sleeve shirts, jeans, lightweight gloves, bandanas, etc. Or riding gear. You want your skin covered on the ride, unless you wanna get there looking like a lobster! Also, believe it or not on a hot day you'll actually be cooler in long sleeves/gloves/etc. On a bike, the wind dries your sweat too quickly for it to cool you. Covering your skin prevents that and allows your body to effectively cool itself. (Of course it still needs to be breathable)

Going to montana, make sure you have some rain gear, warm clothes/chaps, that sort of thing. Ya never know, the weather can turn!

A Passport wouldn't hurt either if you decided to venture a little north!

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Plus 1 on long sleeve shirts, and sunscreen and chapstick. The water thing is spot on also. You could buy a couple of water bottles that have the filter in them. Then you can refill at most any faucet if bottled water isn't available. Sounds like a great trip!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Since you are staying in motels you don't need to carry as much clothing. 2 days each would do for me. You can find a laundromat every couple of days. After all you'll be in Montana not the Yucatan!

Rain gear, cool weather gear, bug spray, sunscreen, wet wipes, a couple of emergency blankets in case you break down in the middle of nowhere, a lighter or matches to start a fire with. I like to carry a couple of dehydrated meals and a camping cook kit, the all in one kind. Nothing like a hot meal if you are stuck miles from anywhere. Plenty of water is a must.

Don't forget at least a small first aid kit. Tylenol, band aids, antacids, antidiarhea pills. Small discomforts can become overwhelming when you have to find a drug store! I carry one with me every day I work as a truck driver. And I use it with regularity!

Don't forget a camera!

And have fun!

·
Registered
90 Posts
On a 1 week trip, I take enough clothes for 3 days cause you wash when you check in on 4th day.take some neosporin, band-aids, fuses,MEDICINE(if you need it)extra keys for the bike,gatorade(on hot days it hepls alot but watch it if you have diabetes cause it raises the suger level.If youre running low on sugar take fruit bars.Then go have a good time.In summer take a quart of premix antifreeze and oil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts