Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So the 09 leftover I was looking at didn't work out, so I'm going to look at an 07 custom tomorrow 4500 miles. The dealer is asking $5400 plus tax, tags, etc... Is there anything in particular I need to look out for with an 07?

I know that the kbb on an 07 is $4700 so depending on the condition I will see what I'm gonna offer. Any ideas on a good price?

Thanks for the help.
truckie453

·
Registered
263 Posts
My dealer offered me 4500 for mine on trade last fall. when I got off the floor, I threatened him if he ever direspected me again like that. I wonder about the resale of used bikes. I would buy mine for 5000 and think I got a good deal.

Does it come with extras or is it bone stock?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dealer offered me 4500 for mine on trade last fall. when I got off the floor, I threatened him if he ever direspected me again like that. I wonder about the resale of used bikes. I would buy mine for 5000 and think I got a good deal.

Does it come with extras or is it bone stock?
From what I can tell from the ad it is bone stock. I really wonder about the price... It is about 800 over the kbb price. I know I don't want to pay, setup and freight fees as I assume the bike was taken in on trade.

·
Registered
719 Posts
There aren't any real gremlins to worry about on the 900's that you can do anything about - like the finicky alternators. I'd move on if they woouldn't take $5200 out the door. You'll be spending another $200 by the end of summer for a rear tire.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Through in a new tire, a couple of services or credit in parts dept. As long as you dont feel cheated.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Truckie,

I saw a 2007 Custom for sale here in Michigan for $4500. It had 1650 miles. I paid $4800 last year for one with 2630 miles and it had a Memphis shades shield with the quick release mount.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys, it is all really helpful. I will take it all with me when I go tonight. If it works out I will have pictures of my "new to me" bike soon.

Anyone else with tips before I go?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I did it...

Here she is...

crappy cell phone pic.

I'll pick her up sometime next week, she had cruise control and a battery tender pigtail already installed. good condition, she even has all 3 grease fittings underneath...

I ended up getting her for $5000, which came to about $5500 out the door and a free helmet.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rode her home today. Thanks to you guys for all the help. Engine guards coming in a week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts