Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I am getting ready to order a Cobra Sissy Bar so the wife can hop on with me. Any suggestions as far as the size? I am trying to decide between short and standard. If you have any opinions as to what is more comfortable for the passenger, please chime in.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
You're asking the wrong folks. Ask your wife what she'd feel most comfortable with.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I tried both on my custom, and the wifer was much more comfortable with the standard. She said while it felt like it was helping keep her "in place", the standard was actually more comfortable to lean back on a bit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will ask the wife

I will ask my wife. I downloaded pictures of both the short and the standard. SHe is tall and thin, so she may be able to decide based on where the backrest would be. She is unhappy that I have had the bike for a couple months and she has not been on it yet.

Keep posting opinions.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Keep posting opinions.

Thank you.
Mine tells me "size matters", the taller supports the back while the shorter just supports the lower lumbar area. I tell her she ought to be thankful that there is something thats long in the house.

If you are looking at back rests, note there a two types for "with bags or with out". They come with different hardware. (longer)

·
Banned
334 Posts
I would recommend the standard sissy bar. The short one is bit too short, in my opinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts