Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be doing my own exhaust install, and was wondering what size metric tools I will need to take off the stock pipes and if the nuts on the exhaust flange need to be torked to specifics or just hand tight. thanks for any help you all can give!

·
Registered
953 Posts
I will be doing my own exhaust install, and was wondering what size metric tools I will need to take off the stock pipes and if the nuts on the exhaust flange need to be torked to specifics or just hand tight. thanks for any help you all can give!
The torque spec for the flange bolts are 12 ft lbs. You should really grab yourself a manual on ebay. I got mine for like 10 bucks and it has everything in it. Depending on what exhaust you bought there will probaly be step by step instructions for the install.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
I believe 10mm, 12mm & 14mm are what you will need. New crush gaskets are a must IMHO to prevent any decel popping occurring from a leaky gasket. The flange nuts require torquing to 12 ft/lb. If you are installing an American made after market exhaust then you will need Imperial size tools for that although some metric sizes match Imperials.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe 10mm, 12mm & 14mm are what you will need. New crush gaskets are a must IMHO to prevent any decel popping occurring from a leaky gasket. The flange nuts require torquing to 12 ft/lb. If you are installing an American made after market exhaust then you will need Imperial size tools for that although some metric sizes match Imperials.
Cobra Longs are what is going on my bike.

·
Registered
17 Posts
the flang nuts are 12mm, I think the bracket is 14mm, your better off just buying a set from pepboys if you want a cheap set, I have craftsman with the lifetime warranty comes with the case and everything.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I just went hand tight on my install... don't forget new exhaust gaskets, they're pretty cheap and good insurance against leakage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts