Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just purchased a v2k but have the same issue as it seems everyone. This seat is hard as heck and I feel a little cramped. I'm right at 6'. My question is what seat does the majority recommend for a softer seat that'll fit me better? Also it needs a good back seat as well. Thanks! Not into the studded seats also.
Here's my bike. Let me know if the image works

·
Registered
220 Posts
Pic worked fine. Check out an Airhawk inflatable seat cover.

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,919 Posts
Where about's ya from RePickrel?

Maybe there is somebody in your area who could let you sit on their bike and test out a seat.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd be surprised if there are very many in Gillette, WY with Vulcan 2000's but that would be awesome.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I have an ultimate for sale. I haven't gotten arount to posting it yet, but it's got about 500-1000 miles on it. It's just the driver seat, so you will need to get the passenger seat. Give me about 5 minutes and I will tell you a price.

It's a great seat and the only reason I took it off is because I no longer have the bike.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
okay, so I paid 380 shipped. It has the rain fly, which I will include. How does 300 plus shipping sound? Let me know if you are interested.

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,919 Posts
I'd be surprised if there are very many in Gillette, WY with Vulcan 2000's but that would be awesome.
See if any of the dealers around you have a seat. Either ultimate or mustang. Tell em you just want to try it, see how it feels. Most dealers will let ya.

(but.. will probably be difficult to find a seat for a V2k just laying around for the past 5 years.. but if you do.. they will probably sell it for cheap.)

However, as for the V2K seat vs other seats.. the overall shape is pretty close on all of them, specially within the vulcan family. Find somebody with a 900 who has one, and ask if you can sit on it for a few minutes. it will be close.

Having said THAT. I've never sat on a Ultimate, but I hear great things about them. I've had a mustang seat since.. hmm... early 07? It's really nice.

Either one, if you can find a used one for cheap, will be better than the "used pizza box" that Kawi calls it's stock seat.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Another vote for the ultimate. Wife loves the back seat too. Best thing i have purchased for the bike. Probably have at least 25k on the bike since putting it on there. Mucho comfy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ultimate

I just got my ultimate seat with backrest & passenger pillion. Just rode 100 miles and the difference is night and day. 750.00 for everything and they gave me the ride on rain covers. Freebie.:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts