Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting Fellow Vulcaners,

i recently bought a 2009 Nomad and assumed was all stock. Maybe it is but it just doesn't seem right. Visually, from the side these appear to be stock. (at least from some media photos I have seen) but the rear view looks different. Also, it is hard to tell from these pics, but the center hole has no baffles whatsoever. you can look straight through to where the pipe turns a t the front end. Oddly enough, there is not any logo on these pipes anyplace I can see. Does anybody have a clue what these are?

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 09 Nomad stock pipes don't look like those from the inside shots that you have provided. I am pretty sure that my stock pipes have a number stamped on the outside as well, from factory. A guess would be some sort of slip on, but that's just my 2 cents.

cheers

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Agree they look like aftermarket slip ons- are they loud?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have stock pipes on mine still, but i gutted them. YES they are loud...... too loud? No such thing if you ask me. Those look like they will have a pretty good bark to them for sure. They do pop a bite on deceleration, but my ECU went to Ivan, and he sent it back today, so im sure that problem will go away.

Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Diggles,

Not too loud. The first thing my son said when he took it for a ride is "You gotta put some pipes on this thing!" of course he is riding a Mean Streak with Cobra exhaust so that is what the comparison is. he is of the mindset of Loud Pipes Save Lives. Really i think it is just an excuse for him to make noise because his truck sounds about the same way. :) We haven't had a chance to swap bikes on a ride to compare sound from behind.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts

These were the standard pipes on my 2012 Nomad- round cone shape on the end, bike sounded like s sewing machine

·
Premium Member
278 Posts

Currently have Vance & Vines slip ons. Just the right volume on long cruises

1 - 7 of 7 Posts