Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in Canada as well as parts of the U.S.A. ..And other countries... We face many challenges in order 2 be able 2 ride and also enjoy our rides.....Extreme temperature changes.....Freezing winters, Extreme heat, Moisture, Wind and dust.....Months of our bikes being parked in storage until winter passes and spring arrives....We can have temps in winters range from -30C and in summers where i am into +30C or higher......So my question is this......Since oil is the life blood of our machines.....WHAT TYPE OF OIL DO YOU USE......WHAT WEIGHT....DYNO....SYNTHETIC......MIXTURE......WHY DO YOU USE WHAT YOU DO.....Lets hear what you have 2 say.......Everyone has a reason 4 using what they do......Tell us about it.....:D

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I personally use a blend of Dyno and Synthetic.....I switch between the 10/40 and 20/50.....I know what Kawi says....use the 10/40......I have found with my bike, my riding style, this works 4 me and my bike..I ride long, hard and many many miles....I know this will not work 4 everyone but works 4 me....A very very experienced Bike mechanic got me 2 do it this way years ago.....I am going 2 try something different 4 me...I am going 2 be switching over 2 Amsoil......10/40 here shortly and see how this works 4 me and my ride....Terry........:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts