Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
What is it?

So, that is a pretty interesting looking bike. You should have fun figuring out the modifications. What year is it, what model, and where did you get it?
Just curious.

Good luck.

Diane

·
Registered
245 Posts
??

Well, I couldn't wait so I asked my husband who has ridden for almost 50 years. He thought the engine looked like an old Yamaha.

Diane

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are correct, the engine is Yamaha. I don't own the bike, just saw it and thought is was interesting. Yamaha engine, hard tail, board for a seat (looks like a towel is stapled to it), open wrapped pipes and that's about it. I ride a voyager and this is on the other end of the spectrum.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
245 Posts
OK!

Score one for my husband for correctly naming the engine. I wanted to call it a "Rat Bike", but that isn't really the model, just the category. Also didn't want to hurt your feelings. Now that I know it's not yours....... Thanks. Diane

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Lockable hardside saddlebags, mustang touring seat and batwing fairing. But that's been done already. Just kidding. Actually, I like it the way it is.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Ingenuity

Someone was pretty creative to make that bike and it looks like it runs since it's parked in a parking spot. I think they have probably modified it already to suit themself.

Rat bikes do have a category at some bike shows, I'm not sure how they are qualified but I've seen some with no seats at all. They have to be ridden in.

I think if that bike runs and the rider is happy with it, then that's probably what counts. It's certainly bare bones, and what you see is what you get. No surprises.

·
Registered
659 Posts
My guess would be the guy riding that bike has done all the mods he's going to do. A hardtail kicker with no front brake, he'll be modding his prescription regimen soon, advil, ibuprofen, lortab....:)

·
Registered
143 Posts
That looks to be a yamaha XS650 with a TCBros hardtail weld on kit. The pipes appear to be a custom fabrication however there are several that offer the sidswept pipes so it may be a production wrapped pipe. The tripple tree is yamaha with a set of clamp-ons. TCBros forward controls. Wassel tank. Pod filter kit. Rear fender is actually a front fender. Its set up as a single brake system because the front brake system wont fit with the oversized front tire.

http://www.tcbroschoppers.com/xs650-chopper-and-bobber-parts.html/

Been there... Built that!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts