Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

what kind of milage is everyone getting?

5K views 37 replies 34 participants last post by  pacomutt 
#1 ·
i have a brand new 10 classic and im getting ready to take a 400 mile trip to myrtle beach next week my gas gauge gets around the walk mark at about 125 miles but ive pushed it to around 135 i have vh slash cuts with the stock baffles in a vh fuel pak that is tuned correctly and a kn high flow but ive herd of problems with the gas gauge and also have heard of people getting alot better gas milage than me and pointers or advice im goin to do the 400 miles straight through and its mostly interstate

#28 ·
I know that every body is going to think that I am lying, but here goes...I average 56-58 mi. per gal. honestly. But heres why...We ride back highways ave. 45- 60 mph, both mountains,and valleys,(we ride the Dragon's Tail in Smokey Mtns.) but here is the secret and it was $$$$..First, put RoadHouse pipes on (600), then Power Commander (400), then had Dynoed (300)....But The most important thing is we buy 100% GAS whenever possable. If you can, try a tank of 100% gas and see if your mpg dosen't go up without the other mods.,,,Safe Riding Folks... OH I ride a 08 900 classic Lt.

#31 ·
My light comes on at about 132 since I changed my front wheel and my average speed is about 80 on the freeway which is the majority of my daily commute. Check air pressure and keep her waxed. Also get her tuned if u have pipes n aircleaner would be my suggestion.

#35 ·
I got 49.7 mpg on my last tank, but that was mostly highway. I typically get 47mpg combined city/highway. I'm very pleased with my 900. :)

#36 ·
Haven't bothered with the fuel guage resistor mod as I consistantly get around 350 - 370 km before the light comes on and usually put in around 15 - 16 litres, which works out around 50 - 55 mpg (allowing for speedo error) so I'm pretty stoked at that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.