Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just installed my new Cobra Slashdowns on my 08 V2K Classic the other day. In the process of accessing the front header capscrew I had to take the top radiator hose off to pull the radiator forward and lost a bit of coolant.
My question is: does Kawasaki use a spec coolant, or does regular antifreeze work? Thanks for the input. I enjoy reading all of you guys (and gals) experiences and thoughts on these more than wonderful motorcycles.

Btw, found out in the process of buying a Fuel Processor that Techlusion http://www.techlusion.com/shopping/viewproduct.asp?pid=74 makes an upgraded Processor for the V2K. They were the engineers behind the FI2000 that Cobra sells. Cobra didn't want the upgrade as they were selling plenty of the cheaper models. So Techlusion took the new model to market and have had great reviews. I'm just sayin......;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe the manual says the coolant needs to be rated for aluminum engines.
When it came out of the hose it looked like the normal green stuff you put in the cage. My suburban has aluminum heads but it's coolant is red. Not sure there's a difference. This is one subject I'm a bit behind in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts