Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
Ive always called them clip connectors. There's a male and a female. You see that clip where they lock in. You should be able to find them at any auto parts store. What they go to on your bike I don't know. sorry.

·
END OF YEAR BIKE 2018 Winner
862 Posts
Just what @GFISH said; Auto Parts store.

However, odds are that what they have may look like, but not actually fit the connector on the bike. I've never been impressed with automotive electrical connectors and splices.

If you have problems finding the correct connector you can always just replace the one on the bike. It's not hard and you said you were going to build a cable anyway. There is an added advantage to replacing the connector if you use waterproof connectors. I highly recommend using waterproof connectors. I also recommend using waterproof splices (heat shrink type).

They are also referred to as environmental connectors and splices.

Auto parts store is a good place, but so is Amazon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
eBay sells what your looking for for like $25 or $30 something like that. Plug and play into those so you can run headphone jack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry if i have misunderstood you but it seems to me you don't need those connectors to run BT reciever.

If you plan to stream music from your phone etc. to bike's stereo, you have to make a simple cable like this https://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/54-vulcan-1700/144673-dyi-mp3-audio-cable.html

If you are to stream music from bike's stereo to your headphone etc. then maybe you will need them. But keep in mind the speakers driven by amplified signal and your transmitter have to be capable to take it. Maybe you should think about getting line-out signal from the headunit. This way you still don't need those connectors.

P.S. Sorry for my English guys - I have no practice at all (

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So i want the Audio out so i can sent to my Headset. I've found the Black riders communications plug under the seat has 5 wires. 3 of which are Audio ground, Audio Left and Audio right. I think i know which 3 but not sure which is Left and which is Right. Cannot figure out how to determine left vs right :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
So i want the Audio out so i can sent to my Headset. I've found the Black riders communications plug under the seat has 5 wires. 3 of which are Audio ground, Audio Left and Audio right. I think i know which 3 but not sure which is Left and which is Right. Cannot figure out how to determine left vs right :)
Put some music (a stereo 'tone' works great for this but not necessary - any audio will do) on and pan all the way to the 'left' then using a Voltmeter set to AC, see which pin has something on it. Repeat, panning to the right to confirm 'right' pin.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ok, here you are:

I think these are Blue and White for rear left speaker, and White and Red for rear right speaker. This is for VN1700A.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, here you are:
I think these are Blue and White for rear left speaker, and White and Red for rear right speaker. This is for VN1700A.

Right that is for the speakers.

I'm using the Black rider communication harness since i would not have to have an amplifier converter. I'm pretty sure the red is right, white is left and black is ground.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Oh, I am sorry, I didn't get you right... I don't know what is Black Riders communication harness. Then you should try the way VulcanDrifter suggested

1 - 11 of 11 Posts