Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in west fort worth, and haven't had my bike very long. So far, my favorite trip was to Muenster for lunch, they have several good German restaurants.
I took FM156 up to Krum. From there you can get on the slab or get inventive with some back roads!
We came home through St Jo, Bowie, Decatur and down through Springtown.

What is your favorite day trip?

Scott

·
V2K Rogue Wrangler
1,112 Posts
This is easy!

I live in west fort worth, and haven't had my bike very long. So far, my favorite trip was to Muenster for lunch, they have several good German restaurants.
I took FM156 up to Krum. From there you can get on the slab or get inventive with some back roads!

Scott

Scott,

From anywhere in Texas, the absolute best road trip is this:

A beer run to Ponch. You can't go wrong on this, trust me. Grab a 12-pack of something you like, and another 12-pack of something cheap (for Ponch). Hit the road very early in the morning so you can get to him before lunch time. Now keep the beer cold, pack it real good in ice-cold ice. Stop and grab a bag full of greasy burgers just before you hit Austin. Beep the horn thrice when you get to his place. Pop open a beer, kick back and enjoy! Now, you might need to bring along one of them Ponch-English translation books so you can get the full interpretation of his dissertations. You have an advantage 'cause you're just up the road a little ways from him. You might even get them euro-gears changed out on your scoot if Bulldozer ain't already there jawin' Ponch's ear off.

You're welcome.

·
Registered
419 Posts
word of warning!!!

Scott,

From anywhere in Texas, the absolute best road trip is this:

A beer run to Ponch. You can't go wrong on this, trust me. Grab a 12-pack of something you like, and another 12-pack of something cheap (for Ponch).................You might even get them euro-gears changed out on your scoot if Bulldozer ain't already there jawin' Ponch's ear off.

You're welcome.
Having read many of Ponches euro-gear rants you better make sure you bring 2 copper penneys. From what I've read here he'll drink you cheap beer w/o problem but he really goes on about spending the extra cash for changing out them gears.....Just saying...:)

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Ponch,
Sounds like a great ride. I take the wife down to San Antonio every couple of yrs. I always drive down 281; the hill country is nice even in the cage.
The devils backbone and the three sisters are on my list for an early summer overniter. Then the Indian lodge in Fort Davis and the 6700ft elevation of the 166 & 118 loop for that full on August heat.

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts

Scott
Wow, hadn't heard Krum in a long time.

I use to live in Denton. In fact, my dad grew up in Krum...

·
Registered
259 Posts
cloudcroft, nm (i know i know) is the best ride i've been on this far down south, plus it's over 9000ft up which is pretty much up in the sky as far as i'm concerned. hoping to hit up big bend, terilingua area one of these days but that dang honey-do list is killin a guy.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Everyday I can wake up and make the trip from the garage to where ever!!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
VulcanPolice911

I rode to Muenster a couple of months back. I did see that a group ride was leaving W/C for Muenster but was unable to attend.
I have only done lone wolf (with my wife) so far; and the last month or so I have had some family obligations that have limited my free time. Maybe as things warm up I will get a group ride in:). Seeing a lot more bikes on the roads lately!!!

I did take a short ride this morning, ended up going through Aledo and Anetta on FM5, it had a few twisties, will definately ride that road again.

Scott

1 - 12 of 12 Posts