Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Tomahawk Cruise Missle

since you won't really pony up for one of these, I mite as well dream big. big nuff that if I ever got bored, I could sell it and buy 10 top priced m/c of every brand or genre to keep me bizzy for a while. and yeah, I be expecting that babe as part of the package.. poncho

Attachments

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
The idea of a "dream motorcycle" is kinda pointless.

Mostly; they're toys. Meant to played with and discarded.
Some are collectors items; more art display than motorcycle.

I can appreciate a motorcycle as a piece of art; but don't really have a desire to posses one.

So, if money wasn't an object; I would have a large rotation of bikes fitting different riding styles.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
The idea of a "dream motorcycle" is kinda pointless.

Mostly; they're toys. Meant to played with and discarded.
Some are collectors items; more art display than motorcycle.

I can appreciate a motorcycle as a piece of art; but don't really have a desire to posses one.

So, if money wasn't an object; I would have a large rotation of bikes fitting different riding styles.
+1

I have the one single motorcycle I want more than any other so I guess I already have my "dream motorcycle". But yesterday when my wife and I ran down for some ice cream and it was a short jaunt to a little stand with a gravel parking lot I wouldn't have minded a small cruiser with no windshield (hot day and low speeds!). There are days I'd love a sport bike to carve up the roads. A sport tourer for longer sportier rides (like an all day ride on curvy roads). Heck, if I had an unlimited budget for motorcycles, maybe even a three-wheeled dual-sport bike (dual sport sidecar rig?) for inclement weather / snow / etc. You know, just because.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Money was a factor when I bought my Voyager over an Ultra Road Glide, but it wasn't a major factor - both bikes performed well and suited my needs - Even if I had gobs of $$, I think I would still be a fairly practical guy - So my dream bike is pictured below . . . It's a reliable machine that is paid for and takes me where I want to go when I want to go there . . . Along the way we manage to find places I never knew existed . . .

My dream bike was meant to be ridden . . . At a bike night, its the one with the bugs and dust on it . . . not the shiny one fresh out of the trailer's protection or wiped down after its' weekly 3 mile ride to the parking lot . . .

Attachments

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
what part of Unlimited do you not understand?

bike nite.. wtf is bike nite.? and why are you there? you should be out riding and your sitting around a parking lott with a lott of bozos on their bikes sitting around a parking lott and nobody is actually riding their bikes... its a all a big dikfest.. you should quit going to that whatever thing and spend more quality time on your bike actually riding it or at least wiping the bugs off it once in a while..

and the question was what bike would you get if you had unlimited access to funds, is kinda like free money, so you can get anything under the sun.. and you would settle for some run of the mill ho hum stock machine everybody and their brother has at least one of..? where yor 'magination boy? you should 'least get you a lazer rocket ship with plasma gamma ray blaster motor..

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
PV;

Those "laser rocket ship with plasma gamma ray blaster motors" aren't what they are cracked up to be... The seats are really shitty good for about twenty minutes at Mach 22. The handlebars are to short, close, far away (pick one),'the suspension in the space twisties is too soft, the shield is nothing but a turbulence generator, it needs a lowering kit to get out when you park it, and it's not made by "Hardley Ableson" but some Klingon or something....

See? It's just like the rest of the junk being made, except my bike of course which is most perfect because I chose it...?

WEG

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
and it's not made by "Hardley Ableson" but some Klingon or something.... See? It's just like the rest of the junk being made, except my bike of course which is most perfect because I chose it...�� WEG
weggies,, I see you been drinkin the koolaid some more, eh? went over to the farr'side and cant find yor way back into the lite.. 'sides its not you who did the choosin.. ever consider that rattletrap chose you? some things in life are ment to be..

Attachments

·
Registered
894 Posts
bike nite.. wtf is bike nite.? and why are you there? you should be out riding and your sitting around a parking lott with a lott of bozos on their bikes sitting around a parking lott and nobody is actually riding their bikes... its a all a big dikfest.. you should quit going to that whatever thing and spend more quality time on your bike actually riding it or at least wiping the bugs off it once in a while..

and the question was what bike would you get if you had unlimited access to funds, is kinda like free money, so you can get anything under the sun.. and you would settle for some run of the mill ho hum stock machine everybody and their brother has at least one of..? where yor 'magination boy? you should 'least get you a lazer rocket ship with plasma gamma ray blaster motor..
My bike night reference was just to point out that I don't want a bike for bike night - As for stock run of the mill ho hum machine - We all seem to buy a stock machine and rapidly make it ours - my unlimited funds would go to a few more mods, custom paint and then a lot of gas and shipping my ho hum dream machine to all the places I can't ride it to . . . she would be ridden on every continent -

If I had to buy a vehicle with these unlimited funds, it would be a nice toy hauler with a fully stocked work shop in the back so I can change the oil, tires and whatever else needs doing to keep my dream bike rolling while on my travels - My wife could drive that and tag along behind me or I'd hire the girl on your dream machine to drive that puppy . . . but then I'd cut my unlimited funds to half of unlimited funds :rolleyes:

·
Registered
380 Posts
weggies,, I see you been drinkin the koolaid some more, eh? went over to the farr'side and cant find yor way back into the lite.. 'sides its not you who did the choosin.. ever consider that rattletrap chose you? some things in life are ment to be..

PV;
Nah, I'm still on this side. Still have my '09 1700 Classic...black is fastest. Old man windshield, some saddlebags, crash bars, and a back rest for my riding pleasure.

I think it's hilarious folks want to make their bikes their own with all these mods everyone sticks on. So my "stock bike" ends up being the "unique" one. I still have the Kawasaki original pipes! And haven't screwed with the fuel control or the air intake. Still have the original seat (I also have my original ass). I still use motorcycle tires! I know, hard to believe... I do have a leather jacket though so I guess a swig of kool aid now and again sneaks in ?.
Keep up the good work PV, you make the forum fun!
WEG

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
I'd hire the girl on your dream machine to drive that puppy . . . but then I'd cut my unlimited funds to half of unlimited funds :rolleyes:
I bet she would drive yor puppy... home.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts