Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like it says. What do you have your Cobra F12000 set on? I have read in a few post going people are posting and asking. So I thought I would start this. I know the settings are going to be a little different for everybike a location. But this will give you a good starting point.

An list what pips you have and air cleaner set up.

I have 3'' Hard Krome pips and a Hypercharger air intake.

4-2-2 are the setting, but I have been playing around with them trying to fine tune it.

Tim

·
Registered
32 Posts
1-1-1 Cobra dragsters, homemade high flow intake. Still smells a little gassy at these low of settings. Will check plugs soon and see if I even need the thing at all. Stock settings of 4-2-0 made it run like crap and did all but spray fuel out the exhaust lol.
It runs amazing at current 1-1-1, if my plugs look a little dark ill just take the fi2000r off. Just goes to show every bike runs different and elevation is always a factor. Many smart individuals swear that processor is not needed on this bike, they may be right in my case, guess well see.

·
Registered
111 Posts
3-2-1
Cobra dragster exhaust and stock intake.
(I bought the bike like this and havent messed with settings yet, but the bike does backfire here and there, should I adjust it?)
And this is at about 650 feet above sea level.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Was with old exhaust:
2-2-1
Debaffled exhaust, gutted air box/K&N Filter, Throttle Plate Mod

Now with Hard Krome Staggered Dragsters:
3-2-1

I live in Wisconsin at low elevations, temps from 30 to 90

·
Registered
658 Posts
3-2-0

Ness Big Sucker and Cobra Power Pro 2-into-1

·
Registered
13 Posts
settings

i have played with mine i have vance n hines slash cuts kuryyakn hypercharger i went back to factory 4 2 0 i tried lots of different combos from post in here came down to what worked best for my bike it was factory settings im sure everyone 's is different though

·
Registered
224 Posts
currently 1 1/2, 1 1/2, 1 1/2 with Hard Krome strippers and hypercharger. I've played with my settings for quite awhile,finding what runs best with least gas smell out of hypercharger/exhaust and checking plug condition religiously and have been happy with current settings. Of course bike may perform differently with settings while riding in 30 deg. compared to 80 deg.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I'm getting the Big Sucker stage 1, and Cobra FI2000R, my bike has stock exhaust with fully debaffled pipes does anyone know what my settings are going to be?

·
Registered
39 Posts
2-2-1, Stage 1 debaffle, modded air box @2000ft
feels flat just above midrange good down low , still trying settings

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm getting the Big Sucker stage 1, and Cobra FI2000R, my bike has stock exhaust with fully debaffled pipes does anyone know what my settings are going to be?
To answer your question, no one knows what setting is typical. Each bike is a bit different and elevations are not all the same.
4.2.0 is the factory default setting. You're going to have to play around with the settings yourself until you find the sweet spot then leave it for a while.
Make sure you adjust the settings with a completely warmed up engine, as a cold engine will require more fuel and less air until warmed up.

The overview of the 3 adjustable screws are as follows:
Screw #1
Low Speed Dial ~ This one controls the Air Mixture
Screw #2
Mid-Speed Dial ~ This one is equivalent to the Needle and Clip position on a carb. Each two increments equals dropping the clip on a needle one position.
Screw #3
High-Speed Dial ~ This is your Main Jet. Each numbered increase is the same as going UP one main Jet size, starting Zero being your Stock size.

So if you are running with a High Flow intake setup then you will want to turn the Air Mixture up and Fuel up so the bike does not run too lean.

Sent from my USCC-US760 using Motorcycle.com App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts