Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previous owner had this connected to the hypercharger, but per the installation instructions the carb float bowl vent should be connected instead. So, where should I put this?

Attachments

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,855 Posts
Breather tube? My 9 has one.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,855 Posts
It should of connected to the stock air cover. That's how mine was. When I put my Cobra air scoop on it came with a small filter attachment to connect to that hose. I'll see it I can get a pic when I get home.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reading over the instructions again, it is in the right place. They neglected to attach the carb bowl breather, though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Pretty sure GFISH is correct.

It looks like one of the 3 hoses that connect to the bottom of the air filter assembly.

When you reassemble everything, it'll come in under the carburetor and plug into the back of the black plastic assembly, along with the larger Air Switch Valve hose and a smaller hose that I don't know the name of. Figuring out which hose goes on which nozzle is pretty easy. There are 3 of each, and they're all different sizes. The nozzle for that hose sticks out further than the other two.

I've become pretty familiar with this area of my back over the last weekend, as trying to get those 3 hoses reconnected is the only thing stopping my bike from being on the road right now...
I hope you have better luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts