Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this hose today not clamped to anything. Could find a place it and the bike is running great. Any ideas are appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
It is a vent hose but without more pictures for context it is impossible to answer your question. Post other photos of where the other end is attached. It may be just a crankcase vent hose that comes from the cam cover or antipollution valve and goes to the air cleaner or airbox.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured it out definitely was the carb vent thanks guys. If this hose isn't on are there negative side effects

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
If it vents the carbs you need that passage open for carbs to operate properly. It probably attaches to a fitting on the airbox.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
It is also a over flow & should have a hose on it & routed out behind engine....Last thing you want is fuel on a hot engine if carbs flood.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Now hold on there, Hoss.

A carburetor fitting that is a vent is going to be sucking air into the system. So if he is not attaching it back to the airbox then he cannot block off the passage on the manifold or carbs, and that intake fitting would need to have a filter of some kind on it so dirt does not get sucked in. The easiest thing to do is hook it back up where it belongs.

If it is an overflow hose, then why does he show it up at the top of the carbs? Photos of the entire route of that hose would help. An overflow hose typically comes from the fuel tank fill area. The tank has another very small diameter hose for venting air into the tank. This hose is too big for either of those functions. It looks like it goes to the airbox.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Now hold on there, Hoss.

A carburetor fitting that is a vent is going to be sucking air into the system. So if he is not attaching it back to the airbox then he cannot block off the passage on the manifold or carbs, and that intake fitting would need to have a filter of some kind on it so dirt does not get sucked in. The easiest thing to do is hook it back up where it belongs.

If it is an overflow hose, then why does he show it up at the top of the carbs? Photos of the entire route of that hose would help. An overflow hose typically comes from the fuel tank fill area. The tank has another very small diameter hose for venting air into the tank. This hose is too big for either of those functions. It looks like it goes to the airbox.
nope.....Goes from the upper T to open air......Some remove the hose & just turn the T down......But that don't help if your carbs flood.....(Been there....Done that) The hose must remain open unblocked

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Now hold on there, Hoss.

nope.....Goes from the upper T to open air......Some remove the hose & just turn the T down......But that don't help if your carbs flood.....(Been there....Done that) The hose must remain open unblocked.....Actually when I look at the pic this looks like a different hose (Has a clamp on the end)...The one that goes on the upper T should be clear if its still there.......Hard to tell from pic.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Well, we agree that the hose should not be blocked. I am not sure you understood my post, I was not saying you were wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts