Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to order a new one to go with the extended cables from motion-pro. Does anyone know off the top of their head what the stock length of the front brake line is? Jpcycles has many to offer, just need to know how long.

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I measured as best I could with line on bike still. Closest I could figure is about 48". So I took a gamble and ordered a 52" cable. Should work fine I'm sure. Now I am looking for a speed bleeder screw without much luck. Anyone know what the threads are on these front calipers? Surprisingly no websites I have found even call out the stock replacement bleeder screw. Am I missing something?

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still in the box to be honest. Been too busy riding. This will most likely turn into a winter project. I will update when the install finally happens. I have all new braided stainless cables to put on as well. Also thinking I want to maybe go with even taller bars. Sooo we shall see.

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really need to get SS lines. So 52" is a good number?
I can neither confirm nor deny since I have yet to install like I stated. But according to my measurement I got 48" length on the stock. All depends on how tall your setup is. I have 3.5" pull back risers and 8"mini apes, may as well call it 12" rise. I am considering going up to 10" bars that are not the buckhorn style like I have now where the handles drop down slightly. Think I would prefer them to be more level horizontally. Tho I am no hurry to make this decision. You really need to take some real world measurements of what you have now and decide what you need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts