Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a new laptop that I can use for gaming (as well as for studies), but want to be cost efficient. I'm not picky about brands or about size (physical size), I just want a laptop. So what would the best laptop be in terms of stats and price?
Note- I have a portable hard drive with 500 GB of memory so I'm not to picky about hard drive space on the laptop itself either.

·
Registered
122 Posts
i love my dell the only prob is the hard drive crashed after 8 months and customer srvice is absolutly horible but havving an external to back it up is a good idea in the proces of getting one now

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
I've always been a big fan of HP laptops; I've helped co-workers and family buy 4 different models of laptop over the past year, and all have been completely satisfied. The upgrade to Windows 7 is a big plus.

While I've visited many stores to get prices for the various HP models, I still feel the best way to order one is directly from the HP website. Lots of models, lots of options, enough to fit every need, and you can control the price and features. I've had HPs for many years, and they have all run trouble free.

Weird thing? I own a Mac.

·
Registered
84 Posts
check this out:
http://gizmodo.com/5406415/laptop-reliability-study-asus-and-toshiba-come-out-on-top

I run a computer repair store and I'd have to agree with their stats based on my experience - ASUS is the best and HP is the worst.

ASUS makes a SUPERIOR laptop that would be great for gaming....depends on how much money you want to spend......

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+Laptop+with+Intel®+Core™2+Quad+Processor+-+Black/9568149.p;jsessionid=6A275C3EA21C054562E99BD37AA36AFB.bbolsp-app02-13?id=1218125774394&skuId=9568149

for the price, that is a VERY nice gaming laptop....

·
Registered
263 Posts
Go Wal-Mart and Toshiba. Best price. More than what you will need. My current cost less than $500.

·
Registered
84 Posts
toshibas are great but i would advise against buying electronics at wal-mart.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
1) Check the system reqs for the games you want to play.

2) Make sure the laptop you're looking at meets those minimum requirements. Its hard to return a computer after you've opened it, unless it's defective.

3) Usually, "gaming computer" means higher end requirements, so I'm willing to bet that if you're looking to play Battlefield 2 and stuff like that, you're not going to find what you're after in a $500.00 laptop. Less hardware greedy games, maybe, but do the homework before the purchase!!!

4) GOOD LUCK! Deals can be had, if you're patient. Check out ibuypower.com as well, as sometimes they have AMAZING specials, and you can customize to meet specific requirements... also check newegg, tigerdirect, and other online places as specials run around all over the net. ;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Wal-Mart not for electronics? If they sold Kawasaki's, every one would go there for motorcycles.

The above is correct. Buy the biggest that you can afford for what you are doing. A $500 laptop from WM is not the best for gaming, but I bet they have one that will work, and probably cheaper. Even the big stores require you to send repairs back to the manufacture, unless you buy the 25% extended warranty. But for the price of that, you can buy the same computer again in 2 years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts