Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to what I've found on the internets, that's a common question for people who ride these.

I had my retirement ceremony this morning, wrapping up 20 years as a Marine. Afterwards we took everybody to lunch, where my wife and kids surprised me with this.

It's a 2014 Triumph Tiger Explorer. I've only put a few miles on it and the rain just set in for the next couple of days, but wow. I'm looking forward to several good years and many miles on this thing.

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Congrats on the retirement! Enjoy the Triumph - I rented a Tiger XC and rode the Denali Highway last month - Triumph's power and handling are legendary . . .

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, folks.

I went for another short joyride today in between doing stuff around the house. 80 MPH at 4200 RPM (10k redline) and no vibration at all. I also tested the ABS. Oops!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thank you !!!

I know this is an older thread, but thank you for your service. To have a family that gives you a gift so great must be awesome, enjoy the Bike & watch out for the cages on the black top.

HalfBreed

By the way I will overlook the War Eagle part, LOL

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, good sir. My family got some nice gifts in return from me that day and we all got to relax a little knowing that I won't be going back to some of the places I had the pleasure of visiting in the past.

I realized earlier today that I only have a handful of pics of the new bike with any pavement visible, but tons of the bike on dirt roads, with nothing but pine trees in the background. Perfect.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Greybush, did you make your Cheaha trip yet?
Not yet. Sadly.

I had hoped to do it over Labor Day weekend since I was up there for the game, but that storm that came through on Saturday prompted me to put it off again. I want it to be a fun dirt ride, not a stressful mud sloshfest.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts