Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Already have a game plan. Going to a 5 degree rake with a new tripple tree. new fenders and getting rid of the "bug' light. Any money left is going for some bling(rims) I've had my eyes on. Anyone else modding this year?

·
Registered
40 Posts
mods

2 inch risers, some way to carry a tent and a sleeping bag, perhaps a rack behind the passenger seat or instead of it, gold running lights (?), GPS, intercom helmit radio for group rides, motorcycle safety course next year again - advanced, I'll study the basic course manual again this winter, a rain cover, that's about it for me.

edit: oo, Flanders G6 handlebar is supposed to be 2 inches longer! Gotta add that.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
winter mods? who needs winter?

Already have a game plan. Anyone else modding this year?
gi, I plan to modify my odometer by about 12k miles. :D
now that it is cooling off enuff to ride during the daytime, miles should be more acquireable.;) if am boasting, is have spent 28yrs in tundra country b4 finding this solution. out, ponch

·
Registered
445 Posts
I plan on riding as often as possible except on real cold days usally only have like 2 months out of the year that I can't ride and even then we'll have some 50 degree days in those months.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Mods this winter

Planning to get Mean City Cycles to modify the passenger seat for my wife so she can be comfortable for more than 1/2 an hour, hopefully get a tachometer and decide on which route to go to get rid of handlebar vibrations - vibranator or bar snake perhaps. Ponch I'm jealous - wish I could spend my winter down south, 7 years until retirement - maybe then I can get down there for more than just a week when it's minus 30 here in January. Hopefully I can ride well into November before the snow flies......

·
Registered
215 Posts
There are only a couple of things I want to get accomplished in the next few months and that is

new paint for the trike
making a triple flag holder for the hitch for PGR rides, parades, toy runs, stuff like that

·
1946-2014
630 Posts
My plans for the winter is to ride every day I can except if it is snowing, which only happens in South Texas once every millennium, staying warm on these rides, adding 2" risers under my bars, and stopping my injectors from rattling.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
My plans for the winter is to ride every day I can except if it is snowing, which only happens in South Texas once every millennium, staying warm on these rides, adding 2" risers under my bars, and stopping my injectors from rattling.
cp, I'v counted 3 snow days in the last... 27yrs. not quite a millenium, but close 'nuff, I guess? best way to stop all the rattle noise is... ear plugs. or turn the key to...off? out, ponch
where in south tex are you? am in cen tex, austin area.

·
1946-2014
630 Posts
I live in Humble, Tx. Northeast corner of Houston area. Been here about 7 years and love it. Austin is only about 2 1/2 hours away if I goof off on the ride.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
smak dab in the heart O tejas!

I live in Humble, Tx. Northeast corner of Houston area. Been here about 7 years and love it. Austin is only about 2 1/2 hours away if I goof off on the ride.
this here state is bigger'n 5. Where you be is East Tx, east of I-45. S.Tx is south I-10. W.Tx is out past Kerville an yonder parts. N.Tx is up from Waco, Abilene, cetera. all thats left is the Heart of Texas. the hills n canyons n lakes is where I be.
Somewheres 'tween us is Brenham where BlueBell icecream is born. Then theres always Shiner where they make german bock beer. Many other interesting places to meet up some day.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am quite the procrastinator, but I have a new Flanders G6 bar, Iso grips, kewlocks and amplified handlebar speakers just sitting for an install. I guess I like the manufacturers 1 year warranty to expire before I install. Ha!

My clear alternative running light (in the tail light assembly) quit working, and I will address that first. Err.

Herb

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bike

gi, I plan to modify my odometer by about 12k miles. :D
now that it is cooling off enuff to ride during the daytime, miles should be more acquireable.;) if am boasting, is have spent 28yrs in tundra country b4 finding this solution. out, ponch
Did you have any bugs to work out with the coil relocation? I'm thinking of cleaning up that side of the bike

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
is this bugging you?

Did you have any bugs to work out with the coil relocation? I'm thinking of cleaning up that side of the bike
gi, them coils and all them wire thingies hanging off the left side was bugging me something fierce. I just got rid of em. no need buggering up the bike w/ xtra crapolla. out, ponch

ps. cut loose of the horn while I had the axe out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
winter fun

I am going to get anew solo seat for my 1500 classic....I also want to get new bars but fear that I need to do more home work on just what type.. I would like something more aggressive, flatter..mean streak like...but it is all about $$$$$.

·
Registered
563 Posts
winter project

My main project will be easy - just expensive. My better half just is not very comfortable on our V2K so I am planning to get the Russel day-long seat for both of us, I am told these are the best for support and comfort. I would love to get hard bags as well, but we'll see what happens after the seat.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I need to upgrade the passenger seat for my wife. After 30 - 40 minutes her tailbone starts aching. I was considering the ButtyBuddy for her. I'm fine with the stock seat but I want to add some risers so i can lean back just a bit farther.

·
1946-2014
630 Posts
I'm not going to tell either one of you to look at the Ultimate seats and backrest but I will tell you that I would not have it any other way.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts