Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the a stock 12' head light in v900 classic.

What is the next legal, but better HEADlight bulb upgrade ( just the camry verson, not the ferrari version) thats great for during the day or night?

Also, is the labor hard, what does it intail?

thanks to all!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Cyclops Adventure Sports - Cyclops 10.0 H4 bulb (10k lumen bulb). I have the previous 7k example and it works great. Had to cut down the rubber neck a little bit to fit the cooling fan, but otherwise a pretty stock installation.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I used this bulb from amazon:

Plug and play. No modifications necessary. I didn't even need to adjust the beam angle. This bulb was designed specifically for motorcycles.

I coupled it with an LED tail light and license plate light. Cut power consumption by 50 watts and have better visibility front and back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used this bulb from amazon:

Plug and play. No modifications necessary. I didn't even need to adjust the beam angle. This bulb was designed specifically for motorcycles.

I coupled it with an LED tail light and license plate light. Cut power consumption by 50 watts and have better visibility front and back.
Thanks for the advice on the Auxito LED replacement bulb, I will definitively will buy. would you also mind sharing the link for the led tail light?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
that cyclops H4 10.0 LED is a bright bulb low beam, illegal high beam (unless on a dark country road no cars at 3am)

·
Registered
24 Posts

Brake light: 1157-R27-T: Red ... $9.95
License light: 67-CW12-G: Cool White ... $6.95

Get the RED brake light. Even though it is less lumens than the white, more of the light goes through the lens.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Brake light: 1157-R27-T: Red ... $9.95
License light: 67-CW12-G: Cool White ... $6.95

Get the RED brake light. Even though it is less lumens than the white, more of the light goes through the lens.
Awesome !!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
... Cut power consumption by 50 watts ....
Unless your alternator is the 'excited type' (like most cars have) or there's some other stator winding switching going on, the alternator load isn't reduced by changing to lower power lamps (or reducing any other load for that matter) the alternator output is the same regardless of the load - power not used by the ignition, lighting, etc. is simply shunted to ground through the Regulator. Reducing the load too much could shorten the life of the Regulator by directing more current, i.e. heat, through it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You are 100% correct, VulcanDrifter. However, the alternator has a 448 watt capacity, so reducing the load by about 10% will place minimal stress on the regulator's shunt circuit. Now, it will leave extra capacity should one decide to add some electrical accessories. Also, the lower wattage tail light bulb will stay lit 4 times longer when the key is set to “park” mode. The LED license bulb is whiter than the standard bulb and this makes the licence plate and the whole bike more visible from the rear.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
when changing bulbs on rear tail/brake lights, what is important to the driver behind you is the 'Alert' factor. It means when you hit the brakes, that driver needs to be alerted that your bike's rear lights went from normal to high indicating you are braking, when you add new LED tail light on the rear, this alert difference in rear lighting from the low to the high is not wide enough to alert the driver, it means that you might be rear-ended in an accident, i don't recommend LEDs for the rear, i recommend 2357 bulbs

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I changed me headlamp to Opt7 led. Pattern is perfect and amazing difference. It’s bright and I don’t even need highbeam on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
300 Posts
Here is what I would like to see.

At night park your bike 25ft away from a wall.
Put on your low beam and take a picture of the beam pattern.
Put on your high beam and take a picture of the beam pattern.
Post those pictures here.

Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts