Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm not sure that's right ... I seem to have mislaid my owner's manual right now (oops) so maybe someone else could check, but I think I remember reading that the odo stays at max. Which would be 999,999 miles or 999,999 km (621,370 miles) depending on where you live, so it's not much of an issue, unlike with the old analog odos that only went up to 99,999.

D

·
0 Posts
Whatever. It's not going to happen :) even that guy who rode around the whole world visiting ever country took 10 years and clocked up less miles than that

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm not sure that's right ... but I think I remember reading that the odo stays at max. Which would be 999,999 miles or 999,999 km (621,370 miles) depending on where you live, so it's not much of an issue, unlike with the old analog odos that only went up to 99,999.
I think this is right, but I think the maximun is 99,999. It's not likely that anyone will ride over a million miles.

Grandpa

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
The owners manual says (If I remember right, it's in the saddle bag, not gonna fish for it tonight) that at 999,999 miles it will simply 'freeze' in that position. It won't roll over, or do anything, it'll just read 999,999 forever and ever.

It definitely won't rollover/lock at 99k, right here on this forum there's a pic of one reading 150,000. But the manual says at 999k it'll just stop reading.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The owners manual says (If I remember right, it's in the saddle bag, not gonna fish for it tonight) that at 999,999 miles it will simply 'freeze' in that position. It won't roll over, or do anything, it'll just read 999,999 forever and ever.

It definitely won't rollover/lock at 99k, right here on this forum there's a pic of one reading 150,000. But the manual says at 999k it'll just stop reading.
Thought so ... though I think it should really start flashing, to say "I'd get off this thing before it disintegrates if I were you"

·
Registered
155 Posts
I think you're right on this. It shouldn't lock at 99K. I wasn't thinking... and I don't remember where my owner's manual is.

Grandpa

·
Registered
600 Posts
I'm sure if someone were to clock 999,999 miles on their bike, Kawasaki would provide them with a new odo or complete bike for that matter in exchange for advertising rights.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I'm sure if someone were to clock 999,999 miles on their bike, Kawasaki would provide them with a new odo or complete bike for that matter in exchange for advertising rights.
FO' SHO!!! You see a lot of cage drivers get kudos for getting into the 300k-400k mile range...

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
FO' SHO!!! You see a lot of cage drivers get kudos for getting into the 300k-400k mile range...
And that has nothing to do with reliability... it's just amazing for a typical cager to own a car that long in between accidents :D:D:D:D

Haha kidding.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts