Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a GPS to mount on the handlebar of my 900 Classic. I tried the search, but it said to try a different term. What else could I try besides GPS?

Anyways, what GPS do you guys have and what can you say good or bad about them?

·
Registered
77 Posts
..............have an old cheap Garmin 200W............it works for me.......you might want to look at this mount or others like it..........

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/RAM-B-149Z-GA35U-Motorcycle-Handlebar-Mount-Garmin/dp/B002RCT1UE/ref=sr_1_23?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1330142887&sr=1-23[/ame]

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I use an el-cheap-o GPS that was sitting in my closet, otherwise, my iPhone. I bought the TomTom App, and I plug it into my helmets headset (or into the Nady 'box' that connects my Fiancee and I when we're both riding) and just listen for the turn-by-turn and leave it in my pocket.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I use the same Garmin that I use in my car and work truck. Still putting along. You just need the right mount. And a place to plug it in!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got a Garmin Nuvi 755. I wanted one that I could program specific routes instead of letting it pick one for me because I often like to avoid cities and major highways or travel and some smaller, more scenic, roads that it would never select for me. Only thing I don't like is the display can be hard to see in bright sunlight but that's probably true of all GPS units.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
I use a Garmin 1450 LMT.
It's in a "weatherproof case" and mount.
The 5" screen is easier to see in the sunlight and the features it has are pretty neat.

·
Banned
334 Posts
Garmin Zumo 220.

You can plan routes on your computer and download them to the GPS. It's 100% waterproof. Works fine while wearing gloves. Includes bluetooth connectivity. Comes with a very sturdy RAM mount and a motorcycle power adapter. Also includes stuff to use it in your car.

More expensive than others, but I think it's worth it.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
I use the iPhone Tom Tom app. Have Sony Bluetooth headphones can listen to music and directions. Can't talk on phone however (which I don't mind).

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
430 Posts
I use the iPhone Tom Tom app. Have Sony Bluetooth headphones can listen to music and directions. Can't talk on phone however (which I don't mind).

Howuch did that tom tom app cost? Does it work well?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
It was $59 for US and Canada, works very well as long as you don't accept a phone call. I also us it in my car as well. You can get US only maps for $49. Traffic is extra.

·
Registered
894 Posts
For my GPS, I have a Rand McNally and a Dry Erase Marker - Figure out where I want to go, look at Rand, decide on a route, write the route on Windshield with Marker and go . . . Never let me down yet . . . Total cost about 10 bucks . . .

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
For my GPS, I have a Rand McNally and a Dry Erase Marker - Figure out where I want to go, look at Rand, decide on a route, write the route on Windshield with Marker and go . . . Never let me down yet . . . Total cost about 10 bucks . . .
:cool: lol never heard or seen that before

·
Registered
186 Posts
Garmin Nuvi 360. It has all the whistles and bells one needs. Ram mounts used to secure it on bike!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts