Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike isn't here yet, but one thing that bothers me is the height of the stock mirrors. I know they are very functional, but I wonder what sort of mirrors have worked for KVS crew.

I really kinda hate the way bar end mirrors look and it will be a little tight where I pull her in and out of the garage, so I don't need an extra six inches of width on the handle bars.

Any suggestions for a nice set?!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I had Russ wernimont contour mirrors and Kuryakyn adapters on my S. The quality of the convex glass was astonishing and it also had a built in anti fog coating. I had little to no distortion at speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
My bike isn't here yet, but one thing that bothers me is the height of the stock mirrors. I know they are very functional, but I wonder what sort of mirrors have worked for KVS crew.

I really kinda hate the way bar end mirrors look and it will be a little tight where I pull her in and out of the garage, so I don't need an extra six inches of width on the handle bars.

Any suggestions for a nice set?!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Actually, the stock mirrors are anything but "very functional" and it has nothing to so with their height. They just don't stick out far enough. My very first mod on my bike were Mirror extenders which worked very well in making the stock mirrors functional. Unless you like admiring your arms and shoulders while looking in the mirrors you definitely should get some mirror extenders ASAP. I later did swap them out with a set of Kuryakyn Skeleton arm/hand mirrors in all black which eliminated the need for extenders and they look a lot better as well. I don't care for bar end mirrors. I know some like that look but I don't. Besides you get a lot of vibration in bar end mirrors. There are a slew of options. With the metric adapters you can pretty much fit any Kuryakyn type mirrors. Taste varies so shop around.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I found a bunch on amazon that can fit the VS. I was able to fit FZ-07 mirrors in to mine for less than $20. The mirrors use a 10mm bolt so any 10mm mirrors should fit.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Actually, the stock mirrors are anything but "very functional" and it has nothing to so with their height. They just don't stick out far enough. My very first mod on my bike were Mirror extenders which worked very well in making the stock mirrors functional. Unless you like admiring your arms and shoulders while looking in the mirrors you definitely should get some mirror extenders ASAP. I later did swap them out with a set of Kuryakyn Skeleton arm/hand mirrors in all black which eliminated the need for extenders and they look a lot better as well. I don't care for bar end mirrors. I know some like that look but I don't. Besides you get a lot of vibration in bar end mirrors. There are a slew of options. With the metric adapters you can pretty much fit any Kuryakyn type mirrors. Taste varies so shop around.
Yeah, what he said...stock are not functional at all unless you need a good view of your shoulders!! I too installed extensions and for me that has been enough...I'm not as pretty as Tom though so didn't need the Kuryakan's or other fancy after market alternatives, the stock with extensions are good enough for me :laugh2:

Good luck finding the right ones for you!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Installed today looks small but it is not. Off to reinstall my kury floorboards. Miss them.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts