Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to put pads on front and back, any non oem recomendations?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, surprising

·
Registered
186 Posts
I went with EBC double H when replacing my fronts, they work just as well as OEM, for me...
Have not had to replace rear yet.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
34 Posts
I wonder if anyone on here has tried these ceramic pads from a company called "Sixty Powersports" on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380771249334?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

$60 Shipped for the rear and 2 sets of fronts. I didn't find any reviews from people who had tried them on Vulcan 2000's, but I found some Goldwing riders who had put a few thousand miles on them so far and were very pleased. I will be doing the brake pads on mine over the winter, but haven't decided what to go with yet. These are very tempting...

·
Registered
183 Posts
I replaced my OEM with EBC Sintered Double-H, the braking is very good. They make a funny noise when braking, and I'm sure it's the type of pads as my ZX10r makes he same noise with the same type of brake pads.

So far no complains.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Anyone ever tried replacing the entire setup with something that has a bit more biting power? I am generally underwhelmed with the braking of this bike.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just replaced my stock OEM pads last night...had just under 60,000 miles on them. Put another set of OEM pads on.
60k on one set of pads?! Wow, I had to replace the rear pad at 12k and I can't say for sure if it was the original OEM as I was not the first owner.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Dont use cheap ones from ebay, i got the full set in and the front ones went on fine but are now squeeky as hell, the back ones could never get them on i sat there on the grage floor scratching my head for a while untill i realized they had made them ass-bakarwds. Recently bought some EBC they have been fantastic compared to the previous ones.

·
Registered
37 Posts
60k on one set of pads?! Wow, I had to replace the rear pad at 12k and I can't say for sure if it was the original OEM as I was not the first owner.
Sadly, most of my riding is commuting nearly 90 miles (roundtrip) a day. I have gotten quite adept at throttle control and engine braking these last few years. The pads I took off still had a little life in them, too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts