Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I bought a 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 LTD a year and half ago with 750 miles on it. It had been mostly stored and moved with a military couple. I have put over 5000 miles on it. Since the bike was stored in either moving crates or covered in a garage, I'm not sure about the tire life. They are Bridgestone tires, original, and don't appear to have any cracks on them. They ride ok and have tread. How many miles should I get out of these tires?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I was thinking replacement,but the tires look so good. Looks won't matter if I get a flat on the road. I'm not sure if they are tubeless or have tubes; my husband and I thought they probably have tubes because of the spokes, but the specs in the Kawasaki website manual say tubeless. So, has anyone seen the inside of a 2008 500 ltd tire?

Thanks.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dpetrick (for want of a better name to call you). My husband grew up in Spirit Lake, Ia. I notice on one of your other posts you are writing from northwest Iowa. Good luck with this cold winter; his mom and three brothers are up there and have filled us in. Two have motorcycles just waiting for spring so they can go for a ride. We are in west Texas--went for a ride yesterday and at 60 degrees thought it was a wonderful day. I get claustrophobic thinking of the year we lived there, the worst blizzard in 30 years, digging the cars out of the drifts...... Some are tougher than I am.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I live in Spirit Lake, and we are headed back into the deep freeze this week. Not a lot of snow this year, just cold and wind. Hopefully will be able to get in some riding in April.

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts