Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll get it started, besides all the obvious, low heat during the summer on the legs, Perfect Clean Air behind the windshield of my classic, very easy bike to work on, just to name a few things, but one that I was just thinking of sitting in the Drive-Thru, I love the ability to order food , have the soft bag open and slide the food in there, and I love the snap on my 2008, that I don't have to actually fasten the straps on the saddle bags, just hit the snap and fly! No saddle bag flapping open!, I don't think that snap was on the 2007 saddle bag, somebody let me know.

·
Registered
521 Posts
It just looks beautiful. Often confused for a Harley.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
'07 VN 900 Classic LT saddle bags have the option of strap and buckle and also hook-and-loop opening. Bike is comparatively easy to handle, is vibration-free on the road, has plenty of power yet gets good gas mileage, saddle is comfortable especially compared with my previous sport bike, pipes are sufficiently loud to be heard but not so loud as to be generally offensive, is rather easy to maintain, bike looks good and I've had compliments even from Harley owners.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only thing that I saw close when I was getting back into a cruiser , that was a close comparison, was the Suzuki Boulevard. I didn't like though it was a hundred CC's less power, and I believe they have carburetor at the years I was looking at, 2007 - 2009 , Anyway , anything nowadays with a carburetor is out in my opinion, with the crappy gas we have!

·
Registered
110 Posts
i love the look of my 900 custom - i've had it for a year, almost to the day, and it got its first compliment yesterday. I had just taken my helmet off and some guy says nice bike, does a double take, and says, is that a vulcan. we talked a minute and when he walked away said, i wish my bike looked like that

i looked at a bunch of bikes, but my eyes kept coming back to the custom. its a bonus that is comfortable and i like the way it rides

·
Registered
242 Posts
Low center of gravity. It feels and acts like a much lighter bike than it is.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It fits me. I can easily maneuver it at slow speeds. The floor boards, and generally a lot of comfy leg room when touring. It likes to ride the same way I do: cruising along somewhat curvy roads at 55 mph all day.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I saw mine in the showroom, a 2010 in early September 2012. I liked the way it looked. They let me ride an older one that was on consignment and I was hooked. Ease of riding, floorboards, nice saddlebags, the sissybar, windshield and a very nice price. I love the low center of gravity and how smoothly it rides. Of course, I also really loved that seat, which is sitting on a shelf somewhere.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
Looks good, It's paid for, it's Shiny, It's paid for, Great performance, It's paid for, Other people keep telling me "nice bike", It's paid for. It's gets me everywhere I need to go, It's paid for, And the only thing I haven't mentioned was, It's paid for.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Looks good, It's paid for, it's Shiny, It's paid for, Great performance, It's paid for, Other people keep telling me "nice bike", It's paid for. It's gets me everywhere I need to go, It's paid for, And the only thing I haven't mentioned was, It's paid for.
I hear ya.That's what I like about mine also,paid for,nothing owed.I never get too attached to any of my bikes though as I've had many and if it gets in my head to switch bikes I just switch.With that being said I have purchased four of the 900's so I guess I do really like them.I am really hoping to hold on to this one for awhile as it can actually get tiring after awhile switching bikes and adding/replacing parts to make it fit you.The 900 does ride,run,and shift good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm only one week into owning mine so I'm still in the honeymoon period. What I like best about it is the ergonomics and the power compared to my previous bike. The bike is extremely comfortable for me without modification. Theengine is very smooth, throttle response is great, and I have yet to feel like I am overworking it. My 750 Shadow made a lot of noise at highway speeds and there were times when it felt like it was giving all it got and barely keeping up to the speed limit. The Vulcan is smooth at highway speed and there is still more to give in top gear.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
I think Harley Davison is German for "Extended Payments".:devil2:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Not in order:

Beautiful design, pure eye candy, dependable, smooth power delivery, nimble trustworthy handling, functional brakes, good stock exhaust note, very few irritating and expensive design problems to deal with. Control feel and performance are balanced and well harmonized.

Inaccurate speedo and fuel gauge are minor annoyances that can be compensated for. The seat is a weak point.

My '09 Classic in Candy Plasma Blue gets lots of compliments. And I just like to sit in the garage and look at it...

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Not in order:

Beautiful design, pure eye candy, dependable, smooth power delivery, nimble trustworthy handling, functional brakes, good stock exhaust note, very few irritating and expensive design problems to deal with. Control feel and performance are balanced and well harmonized.

Inaccurate speedo and fuel gauge are minor annoyances that can be compensated for. The seat is a weak point.

My '09 Classic in Candy Plasma Blue gets lots of compliments. And I just like to sit in the garage and look at it...

I agree on all accounts! Is it true our actual miles per hour is 5 miles less than what showing on the speedometer?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sixty four thousand on my 08 and it still looks and runs great. The plastic fenders don't chip paint near as bad as metal fenders. Maintenance is simple and easy. And, oh yes, gets plenty of complements.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sixty four thousand on my 08 and it still looks and runs great. The plastic fenders don't chip paint near as bad as metal fenders. Maintenance is simple and easy. And, oh yes, gets plenty of complements.
64000 miles! That's awesome, did you adjust the valves every 15000? Just curious

·
Registered
54 Posts
Loved the styling on my 900C. Very nimble for a cruiser and lightweight for a cruiser. Loved the LED headlamp conversion I did as night rides were no longer dangerous.

HATED the seat and apprently, my body isn't made for cruisers as no matter what seat I tried, my tailbone would ache after 10 miles. Had to eventually trade it off but I sure miss the look of it.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts