Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

What do you guys use for pitting on the chromed plastic pieces?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Peg 
#1 · (Edited)
My Voyager is a 2009 that spent some time outside before I got it so it's got some light rust and pitting around the bike. I gave it a good clean and went over all the rust spots with aluminum foil and water, it works amazingly well on chrome, but I've still got some pitting that can start rusting again. What do you guys use for addressing the pitting, especially on the chromed plastic bits, as well as general cleaning and protection to prevent it from getting worse?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
On the shiney plastic chrome wanna be pieces/parts, I rough the plastic plating up some with some fine scotchbrite or really fine emery paper, shoot it with some alum. paint, then a couple of light coats of clear.
Me, myself, I love black....with just a tinney winnie bit of chrome....
Pitting on your chrome, just a touch of alum. paint on a really small artists brush will do it, then put some good wax over it....

Reactions: Tourer
#3 ·
Ok for actual chrome go get some 000 and 0000 steel wool. It's absolutely amazing at removing those little rust spots... After you've got everything clean and the way you want it go buy ceramic coat. Get a reputable brand and treat the entire bike. It's amazing at protecting it and makes everything so much easier to clean and maintain. Usually won't take more than a good micro fiber cloth to clean everything up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.