Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it started its life as an 09 Custom 900. now, i dont really know what to call it. what do you guys think?

day i got it. thought i was cool by throwing some grips on there.

that winter, my buddy bet me i couldnt take apart my bike in a day. ive never been the type to turn down a challenge.

figured since i had it apart, i might as well change things up a bit, here are the apes i decided on.

might as well paint it too.

cutting off part of the frame, making a new rear fender means i have to make a new seat. (by far the shittiest thing i had to do)

i guess ill call that good untill this winter. thinking about painting the wheels and the controlls. what do you guys think?

·
BOTM Winner, October/2012
291 Posts
looks good!

in the first picture...lol

not my style, but thats the beautiful thing about bikes...you can make them look however you choose

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
most guys like a ton of chrome and a bunch of bags haning off of everything. i like bobbers, but i also like true old school choppers. never been much for keeping things oem.

·
Registered
259 Posts
i'll say it... i like it!

i can't decide though whether i liked the orig better or your creation. i'd say it was a lateral change as far as aesthetically pleasing, but an increase in how stylin it is. glad you kept that front wheel, that front wheel looks great on both the before and after.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Looks great. I usually don't like the look of VN900 chopper/bobbers because whenever you cut down the the rear end, the lack of visual "weight" back there makes the tank look HUGE. I guess it's the ape hangers that makes yours look more balanced visually.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Not usually a bobber fan myself. I prefer the ride and look of a bagger.

BUT, this one is neat! It's a nice break from the 'kit' bikes. Nothing wrong with those either but it's hard to call it 'custom' when it came out of a box! Even though it's not my style I'm always in support of someone fabbing and modding their own stuff to make their bike unique!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys. yeah i did all the work myself. i literally took a cutting wheel to the rear frame. ( a little beer might have been involved) but once ya do it, there's no going back. it works though. it sure makes the Harley guys stop and try to figure out what it is.

·
Registered
365 Posts
thanks guys. yeah i did all the work myself. i literally took a cutting wheel to the rear frame. ( a little beer might have been involved) but once ya do it, there's no going back. it works though. it sure makes the Harley guys stop and try to figure out what it is.
The funny part is that you probably have less money in your entire bike than a lot of them have in (made in Taiwan) chrome doodads and bobbles, with a LOT more jaw dropping effect.

·
BOTM Winner, March 2015
124 Posts
jpikey85, you must be married like me... why else would you eliminate the possibility of a chic riding along. :D

What are you doing for turn signals and tail light?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it deff turns heads.

haha nah, im not married. but my ol lady def wants me to fab up a rear for her. haha i have no turn signals, but i have a very very small tail light. its a little on the dangerous side.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing a picture of the bike with you on it, to show the reach to the handlebars. I'm thinking of getting 12" mini apes for my Classic, I like the way they look but curious about how they work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You call it bad ass, that's what you call it. Sweet looking bobber. Definitely one of the raddest things I've seen in the forums.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that makes me feel good bro, the first few guys werent fans haha. nice to see somebody who digs it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah dude! that looks rad. and I like what one of the guys said earlier. its great how you can make a bike whatever you want it to be, no matter what anyone else thinks of it. I'd like to see what it looks like in a couple years.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts