Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 478 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
surprised this isn't already on here.

Ill start off:

Installed bar risers dear ol dad fashioned up for me out of some scrap aluminum at his work (world of difference from stock height):

Installed a garage door button in a convenient spot for me:

Made some stupid cheap license plate LED brake light bolts ($4):

o and received my sw front pulley in the mail weekend project!

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I thought about my 900 for a long time, but it was too late and cold to ride by the time I got home from work... Tomorrow though, taking a nice long ride to start the morning.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Had a noise so I went looking, since I had the bike up, and I had tipped it over a couple months ago and hadn't noticed BUT had pretty much emptied my overflow bottle, I figured I might as well change antifreeze. Took the tank off, took the cap off, put a bucket under it and let it out. Since the tank was off, I hooked my heated glove controller up to the bullet connectors that sit under the tank but are a pain to get to thanks to some add-on fuses that are now in the way. The belt was running towards the motor on the front pulley. I pulled it off and inspected it but couldn't find any problems. Put it all back together, still was rubbing a bit. Then I got a weird idea, the settings were a little looser then they used to be so I tighted the belt up a bit. Hey, now it's tracking right and the noises are all gone. Guess you CAN get it too loose.

I changed the oil about 250 miles ago so I didn't need to do anything there. Put it all back together and took it for a test ride. Next chance I get I'm going to change the fork oil, the front end is just gotten too soft anymore, dives in braking, rares up on acceleration. I should order some progressive shocks, maybe I'll do that first.

Other than that, I got up, did some muffler swapping on RC airplanes and headed out to the RC field where I mowed for about 3 hours which I had planned on mowing, but not quite this much. Didn't get any flying in but I got the strip and 3/4ths the other areas looking good. Hopefully I can get back out tomorrow, finish up the mowing and do some flying. Then I came home ran the Weadeater on the fence line and buried a line that runs voltage to my electrical fence.

3 hours of piddlin on the 900, that was nuttin. But now, with the grand-daughter headed over for babysitting till about 5 tomorrow, I think I should have gotten a nap in.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Took off the Power Commander and rode about 120 miles on a March of Dimes ride. Absolutely hate the Kawasaki Gel seat!:(

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
why did you ditch the PC?

·
Registered
245 Posts
almost died on mine today, not even joking.

i was out for a ride and i was in this service street ready to get on a highway. some dickhead in a truck was riding me, and im the guy that would stop if your on me to close (i was on the side steet when i slammed on brakes to stop, not the highway) anyways we get out on the highway and this guy is driving like a douche, he comes up beside me and says "you want to play buddy" and swerved into my lane. only option was to swerve into oncoming traffic, dodge a few cars coming straight for me. i regained composure and flew by him knocking his mirror off and getting away from him as fast as possible. later tried looking for his truck to do some real damage.

so later on that day i was out for a quick trip into town, probably around 9pm. i took off just a little hard and got pulled over. this guy said i was breaking sound ordnance laws (there arent any laws of those types in my state) he tried giving me a ticket but the guy had no proof that i did anything wrong so he "let me off with a warning"

so then i went out to the bar in my truck and got drunk, then called thw wife to pick me up. now i need to go get my truck.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Well as of yesterday I left the 4 digits and rolled into the 5 digits, hello 10,000 miles!

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I put another 150 miles on my bike, now cresting 9xx. Gonna break a thousand before I've had the bike a month.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Had a great joy ride with my wife today now time to give her a bath and play with some more pc3 settings!

·
Registered
441 Posts

i was out for a ride and i was in this service street ready to get on a highway. some dickhead in a truck was riding me, and im the guy that would stop if your on me to close (i was on the side steet when i slammed on brakes to stop, not the highway) anyways we get out on the highway and this guy is driving like a douche, he comes up beside me and says "you want to play buddy" and swerved into my lane. only option was to swerve into oncoming traffic, dodge a few cars coming straight for me. i regained composure and flew by him knocking his mirror off and getting away from him as fast as possible. later tried looking for his truck to do some real damage.

so later on that day i was out for a quick trip into town, probably around 9pm. i took off just a little hard and got pulled over. this guy said i was breaking sound ordnance laws (there arent any laws of those types in my state) he tried giving me a ticket but the guy had no proof that i did anything wrong so he "let me off with a warning"

so then i went out to the bar in my truck and got drunk, then called thw wife to pick me up. now i need to go get my truck.
Well no offense but it seems like there was 2 people out there with a case of the ass.

·
Registered
953 Posts

Awesome!!!!

·
Registered
343 Posts

So you tried to stop a truck with a bike.I don't do it to bikes but folks that like to play the brake game with me when I'm in my truck get my heart going goes I like to see how close they get tell some have pulled off the road.
Rear view mirrors are for getting over not for controlling others speed.I learned in drivers training the only speed you control is your own.When some one rides my ass I pay no attention to it,simple,They pass when they can.

1 - 20 of 478 Posts